XTC Vs Treadplate

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone played an XTC side by side with a Treadplate? If so, what did you think? I have an XTC which I love but I am curious about the Treadplate. I wonder if there is a huge differance. I know the XTC is the Bogner Esctasy and the Treadplate is the Mesa Dual Rectifier. I've never played a real Bogner and it's been a while since I played a Mesa. Thanks

XTC creams unmodded Recto/Treadplate. I even like the XTC more than my .001 cap modded Recto; although it does put out some pretty heavy tones.

Those are the only two moduels i have for disorted tones and i use the rectified(pre treadplate) unmodded for all of my rythym stuff now and the xtc for leads. I had been using the xtc exclusively for a long time. They key i've found to using the rectified is tossing a good compressor in front of it just to kick the signal in the pants a bit and open it up because it tends to get a bit muddy. I use a boss Cs-3 because it has an eq control which allows you to get a more balanced sound out it.

I still need to try the 1086 everyone always says its the best of both of these modules. Im broke as a joke though:(

-dave