New Modules in the Works?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anomaly

Reaction score
Any Updates or new Modules in the new future? maybe a Diezel VH4/Herbert, Engl SE/Savage, Peavy 5150/JSX or some of the other Hi-gain Amps..

None that I've heard of so far, but I tell you what.... if Randall or Bruce would come out with a VH-4 high gain module I would be all over it! Adam Jones from Tool uses a Diezel VH-4 for most of his high gain stuff (other than his old marshall which I think he used mostly on the earlier albums) and I LOOOOOVE his tone and definition of that amp. The E'Rect is my favorite high gain module right now and I get pretty close using just that, but something with even more string definition would be amazing (although might be hard to do maybe?)! That's the beauty of modular amps... you can always make new preamps later down the line! :D

Yeah seriously its time for some new modules. I want to see an engl module and a bogner shiva and some more signature models! You hear me R/D man! haha;)

+1 on the Engl. I have an Engl preamp in my second rig and I LOVE it! And not just for the high-gain stuff normally associated with Engl. The mid-gain tones are awesome as well.

+1 on what Scott said...Randall hasn't delivered yet what they've promised months ago...i'd say they need to concentrate a little more on "NOW" and a little less on "LATER"!!!

you know i agree that hey need to deliver the goods, but I would love to see the Deizel, a Peavey 5150 or maybe a Soldano or something but then again they'd have to come up with a way to expand the 3 module capacity of the RM100 to like 6 or something...lol

stm113 said:
you know i agree that hey need to deliver the goods, but I would love to see the Deizel, a Peavey 5150 or maybe a Soldano or something but then again they'd have to come up with a way to expand the 3 module capacity of the RM100 to like 6 or something...lol

Just use your imagination. Pretend randall announced a Deizel, 5150 and SLO100 Preamp, then wait 18 months for them not to come and you'll know exactly how those of us feel who have been waiting on the Brahma and Super V :twisted:

I feel your pain Scott... I gave up hope on those a while back! :lol: The thing I don't get is that they showed the modules at the same time they showed the Lynch Box at NAMM, so why didn't they start production on EVERYTHING at the same time, instead of half of them now and half later? Bad move on Randall's part IMO. I think I've mentioned that my girlfriend's cousin just moved from where we live out to Texas because he just got a job as regional sales manager for Randall/Washburn/Parker for Texas and Louisiana so if you guys want I can call him up and see if maybe he can get some answers STRAIGHT from Randall about these? He told me if you guys had any question he would do what he could to try to help out. Just let me know, he's only a phone call away from me and he's a really nice guy! :D If only Randall's CS were more like him! :?

I agree with others on the point of late delivery . i mean they still hav the old lynch box design on the site .and that was like 8 freaking months ago. if it was just that they didnt update the site then fine .but they are posting info on the V2 and T2 and clips.
as for Direct modules of Diezel, Engl ,im going to say no, I wont go heavy into it but I had asked Bruce what could be done for custom shop ..I wanted a Diezel and he basically explained that all Diezel engl, framus are peers and he respected thier individual designs. You may see a Custom Hi Gain or something like that but i dont believe he would base a mod of a boutique company like diezel or vht . A prime example is ..there is no XTC in the egnater line

Maybe we can get Randall to force him to make a Diezel :)

All kidding aside, I would still love to see a Custom Hi-Gain module in the same vein as Diezel, Framas, Engl, and VHT amps.

Actually Bruce doesn't make the modules for Randall, they have another guy who designs them now. I think Bruce said that other guy did the newer signature modules. Maybe Randall would make one? I dunno, I wish someone would though, I would love to be able to get the Diezel tone out of my Egnater! :D

I sure hope they come out with some new modules soon, I would sure like to see alot of the modules mentioned before (diezel, 5150, JSX) those would be killer modules and I dont know why randall dosent go after them.

Here's a quote from Bruce from the old board regarding copying circuits

http://www.jaredcoberly.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=346 Complete Thread

There is no "magic" to the sound of any particular amp. Most of todays amps (especially the boutique-ee one's) are just a culmination of that individual designer's personal taste and experience. If he/she is lucky, others will share in that taste and voila, you have an amp players want. I have had some luck in that area. So have many others, such as the one's you guys mentioned. There are a few unspoken rules among most amp techs today. We all just want to get along. We help each other out whenever possible and we "NEVER" steal another techs priority circuits. My point is, on a custom amp design like we are discussing, there are many ways to achieve a sound but I would not consider taking other designs and simply putting them into a multi channel amp and call it my own. You would have to trust me to listen to what you like about certain models and I would interpret the circuits needed to achieve that without copying Voodoo or Mojave or whoever.

Someone said a while back they were having something built by bruce, but I can't remember who... I would be interested in the outcome.