Which modules artists use...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stm113

Reaction score
Just a thought, but wouldnt it be great if we could find out which modules artists use, So far all I have been able to find out is that Greg Tribbet from Mudvayne uses the clean and 2 XTC modules, anyone else know who's using what?

steve stevens used an sl+ and a custom built module made by his tech based off the plexi for the entire billy idol world tour last year.

:lol: Are you serious spider? Very cool if true man! I have a set of Bare Knuckle Steve Stevens Rebel Yell Signature pickups going into my Thorn once it's built! :D I can't wait to try them out finally!

Guitarguy got to let us know how those bare knuckles are?Hey spider that is cool,Steve Stevens!!!

Wow, Steve Stevens is my all time favorite player! Seriously.

Any chance you could share some info on his modded Plexi module? Or, failing that, have him come over to my house and help dial in my rig?

Yeah its the truth; he's the one who turned me on the mts series actually and i got mine through his tech. I dont have any details about his modded plexi module except that it sounds awesome in his live rig and that it's a far cry from the stock plexi, almost a ground up module. I was going to order some bareknuckles for my jackson however i needed something in a hurry bc we had a few gigs coming up and i wasnt too stoked on the emg hz's, but tim mills is an awesome dude when i spoke with him and i trust those things will rip in your thorn; steves' sound awesome live. Good thing you already have those things because tim is going on tour soon from what i was told and has to hand it off to someone else for a bit!

LOL is he posting that information on the site? I have an Ibanez Prestige with a set of the Miracle Man pickups in there and I love the sound (best non-active high gain pickup I've played to date! Kicks the *** outta an EMG-81 IMHO! :D ) of those pickups. I have to sell the guitar sadly, because the neck is uber thin and it's starting to cramp my hand as I have gotten used to my PRS Wide/Fat carves! :? I was planning on selling it with the pickups and the RS kit in there but now I'm leaning towards putting in a different set when I go to sell it. I know I like them and if the D-Sonic/Air Norton set I'm putting in my Tremonti doesn't do it for me for Drop-C, I'm going to toss the Miracle Man set in there! Plus, if I buy another guitar later, I can always use them. If Tim is going to leave it up to someone else, is there any way that he can keep QC without being there? I'd be afraid of leaving someone with my business and then f-ing it up and making a lot of people mad... that's a quick way to lose business! :( Hopefully the quality of his pickups doesn't suffer from the change! :wink: If that's what's going on, I definately don't want to sell the ones I have now! Plus, if the Miracle Man set is any indicator about how sweet his other pickups are, I REALLY can't wait to try out the Rebel Yell set! :)

I dont know really; the factors that come into play are who he gets to cover for him really. But im sure the quality will suffer a bit.

I use a prs hfs in my jackson and i think its great, but a little too bass heavy.

Yeah I was never a fan of the HFS/VB set from PRS.... swapped them out of my old CE-24 and the guitar sounded fantastic! :D

guitarguy510 said:
I have to sell the guitar sadly, because the neck is uber thin and it's starting to cramp my hand as I have gotten used to my PRS Wide/Fat carves!

Whats up with with these guitars with thin *** neaks. I like a neak that feels like the business end of a baseball bat :!:

As for pickups, I can't speak about the bareknockle pickups, but I've tried many others, including Duncan invaders and Dimebuckers etc. I always seem to come back to the EMG's. You just can't beat them for hi gain.