Most gain???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey what's up, I'm new to tubes and I got a RM100 on lay away. Only a little under $400 left to go! The head I'm getting is coming with a Blackface, Ultra and a Recto. When I tried it out, the Ultra had the best rythym tone for me. But I wanna know if there's modules out there with MORE gain? I NEED GAIN! LOTS OF IT!!! I'm looking for the closest solidstate/pantera tone that I can possibly get with tubes. Know what I mean?

So which modules have the most gain? Also, does anybody know any mods I can do to my ultra to get more gain?

THanks.

Scott said:
Ultra is about it for Gain. try an EQ in the Loop or a mild OD Pedal or Clean Boost in front

Yea I got an MXR EQ and I love it to death. It plays a big roll in my sound. Has anyone tried the Ultra XL??? I guess its the same as the Ultra but with more gain. :twisted:

I have the Ultra XL, but not the Ultra. I can't compare the two, but I can tell you the XL has a great heavy tone. Although my favorite high-gain module is still the SL+.

I had the ultra. Yeah lots of gain, but lots of noise too.

The ultra XL is everything the ultra should have been IMO.
It's making it's way to my main chunk sound, besting the 1086 (Now going to lead duty)

Sonically I'd say the XL fits between the recto and 1086, but with more gain than either.