i do it meself

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarmanscott65

Reaction score
i have a blackface i dont use and i want 2 mod it myself.i would like to get a little distortion,but i dont know wich Rs and Cs to change.would anyone b so kind as to piont me n the rite direction?

i suspect this is in the wrong category... Moderators is there a better place to move this to?

to get more gain look at the attenuation between 1st and 2nd stage on the module. I don't have a blackface schematic, but I'll bet it's similar to the Clean. So on the clean it's R26 and R28, check your board measure those two r's and lets see what value they are...

First off you'd need to start using proper language, with this "2" and "rite" you seem like a 12 year old.
No offence meant, just constructive cristicism.

On the grailtone.com website there are some mods that are pretty well documented.

27 is 2100000.....28 is 220k....so whattia think? and thanks FOUR responding you guys!I've had my rm 100 four several years now,and love it.

so that's 2.1M and 220k which make one hell of an attenuator.

I would put maybe a 1M or a 470k across the 2.1M. Note that if you do that the module will get louder as well and have a little bit of a tone shift due to C10 (i would expect a little less high end).

I have no idea how 'good' this mod will sound but you will start to overdrive V2.

I like the idea of less treble.All my gtars have wammys,so that might be just right.thanks.i'll give it a try.

DUDE! you nailed it with 470k.perfect on the "breakup" part of it.now, could you tell me a bit more about the funkshun of c 10 ?I'm looking for a fuller more robust sound.he he he i said bust.

C10 allows high freq to bypass the attenuator. You may want to take it out and see how you like the sound.

Also for a little more poop, you can put a 1uF in for C7 (i think it not populated right now.

guitarmanscott65 said:
just curious, is there an easy fix to get my volume nob back from 8 or 9 to about12 or 1:00?

i'm not sure i understand.... is it that with the mod you need to turn down your master to ~8 where is was at ~12 before the mod?

eedude said:
guitarmanscott65 said:
just curious, is there an easy fix to get my volume nob back from 8 or 9 to about12 or 1:00?

i'm not sure i understand.... is it that with the mod you need to turn down your master to ~8 where is was at ~12 before the mod?
yes

simple answer: you can't.. you boasted the gain you made the module 'louder' so you need to turn it down a little....

(you actually can.. but is it really a problem?)

eedude said:
simple answer: you can't.. you boasted the gain you made the module 'louder' so you need to turn it down a little....

(you actually can.. but is it really a problem?)
no,its ok.I just thought I might run out of nob if I added more gain.