I have a problem with the bass in the 300G3

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnikj

Reaction score
does anyone know how to fix this overload of bass sound witch make the amp sound like its going to break!?

Another victim has been claimed by the RH300!!!

Dude... I returned the amp to my dealer and Randall sent me a new one... Then the NEW one had the same issue. I finally just returned the head to my dealer and got a RM100. :lol:

Some people have said that changing the speaker cable fixes it. So try that. But I would just take it back to the dealer and try to work somthing out. There's something about those amps that wasn't done right. I've heard of about 5 of these deffective ones now.

I had the same issues with my RH100G3 head when I was running it into a Marshall cab. I have a Randall XL cab now and it's perfect. No more of that distorted boominess.

My other guitarist in tempora had the same problem. He brought the amp head and the matching cab and it sounded so bassy. We even tryed turning the bass knob down completly and it still sounded like too much. Lol We tryed the head through a mesa cab and it didnt sound as bad but still pritty bassy. Im considering buying a V2 head and i really hope they dont have the same problem.

ive just ordered a RH300 G3 and i got worried when i read all of these reports of boominess, but it seems that if u change the amp cable it goes away, sounds wierd but im willling to belive it. from wat i hear they are pretty sweet amps so shud be good wen it arrives

Hey guys, please do NOT use a regular guitar cable and connect it with a cab. Use speaker cables instead. Also check if you are running a 2, 4 or 8 Ohm Cabinet/Head. I mean 150 Watt vs 75 Watt cab = BOOOM.
I run a rh150g3 + mesa boogie 2 x 12 and it works perfectly. And last but not least you can try to get an Equalizer to balance it out.

I was having similar problems with my V2, but I can EQ it out with the built-in EQ. At first, I thought it was because the cabinet couldn't handle it, and that's partially true. Randall really pumps out the bass in their solid state amps.

Mesa cabs cut the bass well, but the Genz Benz G-Flex cabs really handle the bass!

Try this for fun...hook your amp up to bass guitar cab. Guess what happens?