No More Super V?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughJasol

Reaction score
I see there's no Super V in the new Randall catalog. I know the Brahma is being replaced by "The Judge", but will there be no replacement for the Super V? And if not, what's out there that's similar?

Mattfig said:
Discontinued...
Yes, I figured out that much :lol: . . . What I was asking is whether or not there will be another George Lynch cleanish module to replace the Super V (much like the Judge replacing the Brahma); and if not, is there another Randall (non-signature) MTS module out there that comes close to the Super V . . .

Similar would be the Top Boost.
As in they both go for the Vox sound, but I've heard that the Super V is superior to the Top Boost.
So you're left with the Salvation MatchVox :mrgreen:

Thanks . . .

So no Lynch cleanish module . . . I wonder why. I imagine George will want to play clean again sometime in the future! :lol:

Turning the volume down on the Mr Scary produces some passable 'Dokken Intro' style clean tones...

m0jo said:
Similar would be the Top Boost.
As in they both go for the Vox sound, but I've heard that the Super V is superior to the Top Boost.
So you're left with the Salvation MatchVox :mrgreen:

they are 2 different versions of the same tone ... and both work well depending on what you want to do with them ... SV has more clarity and less gain on tap while the TB has a suprising amount of gain on tap and doesn't clean up as well as SV

I agree leads me to believe that something new is in the works... lynch relys on clean tones big time. Maybe I'll ask him thursday ;)