My Egnater M4 Clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdzialak

Reaction score
For everyone who asked.
EBMM Axis into Egnater M4. A sprinkling of 2290, and into the Marshall 2203 power amp. E609 Silver via amp clamp in front of a GB in my Bogner 4x12. Pro tools on the laptop. No tweaking.

Straight chords, and some utility pentatonic riffage. I'm doing my best to make the modlues sound different from each other. But my fingers do what they do...

Vox Module Channel A
My clean sound. Bright switch off.
http://www.evesappleband.com/jdzialak/Clips/VX A.mp3

Vox Module ch B
Cool bluesy tones and mid crunch. Bright on.
http://www.evesappleband.com/jdzialak/Clips/VX B.mp3

First SL channel A, then channel B. Bright on.
http://www.evesappleband.com/jdzialak/Clips/SL.mp3

First EG3, then EG4, bright on.
http://www.evesappleband.com/jdzialak/Clips/EG 3-4.mp3

MHG Ch A, then B. Bright on.
http://www.evesappleband.com/jdzialak/Clips/MHG.mp3

For reference comparison, my Suhr Modded 2203.
http://www.evesappleband.com/jdzialak/Clips/2203.mp3

Enjoy!

Joe

Nice tones and playing. Thanks for posting these clips. The top 3 modules are the one's I'm most interested in when I order my M4 early next year.

On your cleans were you on the bridge pu the entire time?

I'd like to hear the vox A&B with Neck PU as well as the SL Channel A if you ever get around to recording more clippage.

[Bob]

Now I can't wait for my MOD50 to get here. The VX B side sounded way sweet. Nice playing too.

Thanks guys.
I switched p ups during the VX recordings, once or twice. It starts with middle position split coil on the first one.

Joe

ned said:
Now I can't wait for my MOD50 to get here. The VX B side sounded way sweet. Nice playing too.

Ned, I'm anxiously waiting for you to get this so that you can let me know how you like it compared to the Randall version. These clips make me think I'll like it more, but it could be that jdzialak is a much better player than I. :)

Jdzialak, have you tried the Randall versions?

GaryMcT said:
ned said:

Ned, I'm anxiously waiting for you to get this so that you can let me know how you like it compared to the Randall version. These clips make me think I'll like it more, but it could be that jdzialak is a much better player than I. :)

Jdzialak, have you tried the Randall versions?

Gary,
I had the RM100. The Plexi module is pretty close to the SL. I like the Egnater stuff better overall.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Those clips are awesome for tone and for the playing as well.
Now, i want to get that Vox vibe for sure. :wink:

I'm really curious about those Egnater modules. Is Randall's version about the same ?

For now i own a RM100 and i really like it, and being a tone junky i have now a quite a few modules: JTM, Plexi, SL+, XTC, Recto, Ultra, Blackface and Tweed.
I like the modular approach so much that now i'm evaluating the possibility to go the RM4/M4 route, maybe 2 mainframes, OMG :lol: feeding a RT2/50 for maximum versatility.

I've seen the video demos on IndoorStorm site and it's really something.
I'm wondering what are the differences and/or equivalence, if there's any, between the Randall MTS series and Egnaters.

Since there is no way for me to have a look or even try any of those modules is there any chance that you or anybody else owning those could post good hires pics without the tube shield if possible so i as well as other members on this site could do some comparisons with Randall's modules ?

That would be greatly appreciated,

Keep on rockin',

Claude

As I said on TGP your playing and tone are superb Joe! Great stuff! I'm definitely buying a VX (hopefully someone on here will sell me a used one) to use for clean stuff in addition to the Twin. Two different kinds of clean, both useful! :D Worst comes to worst I'll buy a new one! Also I'm wondering if I should have traded you that EG3/4.... it sounds **** good through greenbacks... :? My speaker combination seems to work for "my" tone but those lead clips you did with the EG3/4 make me almost want to buy another one! :roll: :wink: Thanks a lot for inspiring my amp GAS again... geez just when I thought I had it under control.... :lol: Rock on bro! :D

guitarguy510 said:
As I said on TGP your playing and tone are superb Joe! Great stuff! I'm definitely buying a VX (hopefully someone on here will sell me a used one) to use for clean stuff in addition to the Twin. Two different kinds of clean, both useful! :D Worst comes to worst I'll buy a new one! Also I'm wondering if I should have traded you that EG3/4.... it sounds **** good through greenbacks... :? My speaker combination seems to work for "my" tone but those lead clips you did with the EG3/4 make me almost want to buy another one! :roll: :wink: Thanks a lot for inspiring my amp GAS again... geez just when I thought I had it under control.... :lol: Rock on bro! :D

Thanks Matt!
I wasn't sure, at first about the EG3/4. But I have it dialed in pretty good right now. It covers the ground between the SL nad MHG pretty well.

Joe

ahhhh, I see an M4 and VX and EG3/4 mods in my future. Gotta get both channels out of the mods. yes . . .

Matt

Yeah I miss the versatility of having 4 preamps readily available... however... I don't miss the backache of trying to move my rack! :roll: Is there a way to run the M4 into the MOD50 to use 6 preamps? If that's the case I may end up on the list for another one.... :D

Matt-

You can do this with a GRX4 and probably with a switchblade as well.

Wow .that was awesome .
Im torn between the MHG and EG3/4.

Is it possible or do you have any clips of the MHG in standard tuning a la Lynch ,scorpions .Ratt type tones .

how does the eq curve differ between the Eg3 and MHG also I had heard the hi gain mods get very noisy .what is youre exp with this .

Thanks and great clips