• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RM100m for sale

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xspiderfingersx

Reaction score
RM100m head for grabs. I dont need this much in an amp any longer, its a wonderful sounding head and a great idea, but i have enough gear to get a lot of the sounds the modules get and all i really need is a killer metal sound.

Near mint condition, power section was replaced less then a month ago with Ruby EL34s. No tolex tears.

Includes blackface, xtc and rectified all blackstripe and unmodded as well as the footswitch. I will not sell any modules seperate!

Asking price is $900, buyer pays shipping and insurance. No paypal either.

[email protected]
or pm me if you have any questions

P.S. Will consider trade for good condition engl fireball or powerball

Well no thats out of my price range and needs really.

Plan of action is as follows; turn my crate vc50(class A el 84 combo) into a head with a custom made cab from heritage amplifiers cab shop(orange and white tolex) and get an orange avatar 2x12 with v-30s to match it. That's going to cover my vox and marshall style tones. It sounds really wonderful, people usually laugh because its a crate, but i'm a tone snob and i love it.

Take the money from the Rm and get an Engl Fireball for my metal band to use with my framus dragon cab. Final rig is gonna be both of those mixed together with a radial effects ABY unit. Crate mixed with the engl for cleans, and the crates distortion for lower gain marshall flavored stuff, and the engl for lead work and metal.

Rm100 really is an awesome sounding head, but its more then I need. I've had that crate since i was in the 8th grade, its never broken once(knock on wood) and ive had it side by side at my boutique music store down here with the best of the best and it holds its own in the tone department. Its also a pretty unique amp, not very many people know about them from what i've found.

The engl is crushing btw.

I wish you the best, man, but I don't really understand the logic of stating that an RM100 is "too much", then converting to a huge two amp rig. THAT would be too much...at least for me....unless I had a roadie hauling my gear around. :)

I should rephrase that totally: its too much complication in one head. I'd rather have two amps which excell at different things then one amp which does those things closely but not quite to my liking entirely.

and i will admit my gas has a tad bit to do with this, however this isnt really the sound i'm looking for in a metal amp either. I have to run my compressor in front of it with the level and tone dimed out to get it to brighten up enough to cut through the mix and get enough gain to coax a pinch harmonic out of my xtc and rectified modules, i need to dime out the mids and treble and roll back the bass a ton to get a sound like as well.

Bump.

I'll consider trades on an Engl Fireball, powerball, or Blackmore. I will compensate cash for said models depending upon condition and model.

-dave