Anybody use the Monster Power Pro 900

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
How is it?
Is it reliable? Does it actually do what it advertises?

Reviews seem to make it out to be worthless. Maybe those that didn't get lemons did not bother to review it.

Hamner1 said:
How is it?
Is it reliable? Does it actually do what it advertises?

Reviews seem to make it out to be worthless. Maybe those that didn't get lemons did not bother to review it.

I have the Monster power Pro 2500 and have not had a single problem. In fact, I blew a tube in my old Marshall half stack (before I had this power conditioner) and just recently plugged back into th outlet I was using at the time, and the power conditioner alerted me that there was a faulty ground at that particular outlet. Pretty awesome. I would get the 2500 over the 900 because A) it has more outlets and B) it has a voltage meter so you can see if something is up.

I use the Carvin AC120S Power Conditioner/Sequencer.
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=AC120S&cid=61
It just happens to be on sale right now. Best I've ever used. Great build quality. Voltmeter, LED lamps, 20A per plug, microprocessed 35A relays, Big, fat 12ga power cable. 10 stage programmable sequential power up. and best of all..It's made in the U.S.A.
Comparable Products
- Furman's PS-PRO II (list $489 street $429) 4 stage/8 outlets
- ETA PD11SS (list $429, street $289) 4 stage/11 outlets
Most power conditioners do a pretty good job. It really depends on the feature set you are looking for and the application. Most of the time, you get what you pay for.

i duno.. i would avoid any Monster product just on principle. Monster is a company that uses pseudo science to dupe consumers into buying very over priced products. I just cannot trust them :evil: .... personally I would turn to Furman or some other manuf. for this

I would suggest that whenever possible: BUY AMERICAN. I know that a lot of these companies advertise well and promote their products as the best, but they also charge a lot of $$$ for Chinese made junk. I seriously suggest when it comes to pro-audio gear that you NEED to rely on, you can't go wrong with Carvin. I've used their stuff for years and never, ever a problem. It is built right here in the US and over-engineered to perform at a pro level for years of service. By far the most underrated company in the game. Check out the specs on the different units and compare. They also have a DVD of their factory operations that I got sent to me for free and it really rocked. It shows everything from the Fadal CNC machines making guitars to the SMT construction methods on the Amps and electronics. Get the DVD, get to know the company, and support American industry. You won't be disappointed. Peace
:) :) :)

Latest posts