Rally to Restore Sanity and or Fear.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl

Reaction score
Is anybody on the forum going to Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity and or Fear? It should be quite the scene. I am curious about what is going to go down at the event. There's supposed to be a bunch of celebs and even Oprah is showing up. Yeah that's right, the big O herself. I'm going to a Rally party because I live on the West Coast. What say you forumites? :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

..but on a few levels it does nothing for me.
The job market sucks.,..times are harder than ever...the rich are amassing more wealth then Ive ever seen in my lifetime...while the elderly have seen no cost of living increase in the Social Security in 2 years. Meanwhile the majority of those same elderly people want to re-elect the GOP..the party which got us into this mess....Seriously bad omens. In addition the unqualified are poised to win high positions in our goverment...at a time when we need truly the best and the brightest..not idealogues and lobbyists.
Its hard to invest in the levity of these entertainment get togethers...real people are getting hurt. I just cant find it in me to laugh at these times,..and I sure as hell dont have the cash to go to any of these outings.

I totally get that, George. However, it is more than just an entertainment event. It is a call to the level headed to represent. The extremist,yahoo, tea-party followers have been getting a lot of attention and consideration on the merit that they make a lot of noise. They and all their supporters only represent 20% of America. It's time that the rest of us showed some support for something that represents how the rest of us feel. We just want things to be made sane again. We want things to be executed in the best, most realistic manner and for people to be educated in the choices that they make. If we stand by and remain silent then we will not be heard and our needs will remain unanswered. In France, just recently, the people rioted because the government was going to raise the retirement age by just 2 years!! When their people feel like they are getting a raw deal they DO something about it. Americans have let these wicked individuals proliferate lies and legislate plain old robbery. We have to start somewhere. Let's start with our assembling together in the name of common sense and sanity. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If this rally goes off as a monumental success it will send a message to politicians that they need to consider the ideas of a larger cross-section of their constituents. The squeeky wheel gets the grease, right. It is a small investment of time and a great opportunity to meet some good people that honestly care about our country. It's all about the people. Americans are a great people and we have divided ourselves with racial, sexual, and economic boundaries for long enough. For too long we have watched corruption in our government and did nothing. We can encourage change, but we have to do it together. It may be the case that nothing happens as a result of this rally, but it is a start and there is a possibility that it will be a catalyst for future change. Peace. :twisted: :shock: :twisted:
Check out the website and read the intro: http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/

Yes,

I would go to this were it on the "Left Coast" lol.

I run into difficulty myself, trying to tell people the facts. They are too trained to ignore them after they were sold on fairy tales. Also, what is easier, doing the same thing, or something different?

Do any of you know anybody with a lot of cash that would like to turn up the screaming on a 3rd party?

LAter!

There are "meetups" all over the world for this event if you are interested and live on the "Left Coast". :lol:
Check out the link in my last post and look for a meetup in your area. It is a great chance to meet other people in your area that have similar views and make a statement that we are not all blind and willfully ignorant. I'm going to two meetups one in Ashland, OR@ Louie's Pizza and then at the Josephine County courthouse in Grants Pass, OR. We are just going to have some fun and hold up some signs. Good people need to organize more often because the prejudiced, fearful, ignorant people are assembling all the time and getting treated like their extremist views are valid. They are making America look even worse than our government has been making us look on the world stage. We need to regain some semblance of sanity in our country. If it makes good sense we should do it. If it hurts people or our economy we should prosecute everyone involved. Regardless of wealth or position.

Daryl and everyone...
I wrote a great reply 20min ago..it took 15min to write...time I cant get back..and then the BBS was down or somthing..and it was sent to never never land.
So here I go again..and in bullet points

*I cant attend..I NEED to work, like alot of people.
*Rallies are nice..REAL action is even better. Always remember that if your reason to rally is to get attention..if the media doesnt cover it...the perceotion is it NEVER HAPPENED.
*Real action =convincing a TeaBagger/NeoCon or Independent to vote for more reasonable candidates. By being respectfull, by being reasonable, by knowing your historical facts..you may indeed be able to convince someone that an inspired amatuer is NOT who you want to elect. You need people with experience, competence and the reasoning skills to pick the better path when tough choices have to be made.

Specifically I would tell you to make it clear that 30 years of Trickle down thoeory has given us proof that tax breaks for the wealthy dont create jobs.
I would add that the GOP is not about reducing Gov size...the GOP has resided over the largest growth of gov in our history.
And lastly the Conservatives had a majority for years and did nothing regarding the US Borders..why would you beleieve them NOW?

Convince someone to walk away from the extreme candidates,over zealous amatuers and rhetorical spewing hate mongers.
That to me,is the best way to Civility, and reason in the upcoming elections...Rallies can only do so much.

GtrGeorge! said:
Daryl and everyone...
I wrote a great reply 20min ago..it took 15min to write...time I cant get back..and then the BBS was down or somthing..and it was sent to never never land.
So here I go again..and in bullet points

*I cant attend..I NEED to work, like alot of people.
*Rallies are nice..REAL action is even better. Always remember that if your reason to rally is to get attention..if the media doesnt cover it...the perceotion is it NEVER HAPPENED.
*Real action =convincing a TeaBagger/NeoCon or Independent to vote for more reasonable candidates. By being respectfull, by being reasonable, by knowing your historical facts..you may indeed be able to convince someone that an inspired amatuer is NOT who you want to elect. You need people with experience, competence and the reasoning skills to pick the better path when tough choices have to be made.

Specifically I would tell you to make it clear that 30 years of Trickle down thoeory has given us proof that tax breaks for the wealthy dont create jobs.
I would add that the GOP is not about reducing Gov size...the GOP has resided over the largest growth of gov in our history.
And lastly the Conservatives had a majority for years and did nothing regarding the US Borders..why would you beleieve them NOW?

Convince someone to walk away from the extreme candidates,over zealous amatuers and rhetorical spewing hate mongers.
That to me,is the best way to Civility, and reason in the upcoming elections...Rallies can only do so much.
Well spoken George,
I respect the fact that you have to work instead of going to the rally. I do my best to get people to look at the facts and encourage people to make decisions based on clear evidence. The reason why I am promoting this rally is not because I feel that it is merely a chance for us to get attention, but for us to practice coming together and meeting with one another. With the advent of television and the internet we have become an increasingly isolated culture. We do not organize to protest our situations and our oppression like some countries do. We have remained silent and expected things to get better by osmosis. I feel that the time for passivity is long past. We have to speak up and become educated and informed as to what is being done without our consent. I don't have all the answers, but I am willing to take a chance. I read and search for information daily to help me find the truth, no matter how hard it may be to swallow. All of your points stated are accurate and resonate in my mind as well. We need more people like you in this country. I would encourage you to find others in your area that see things as you do and network to increase the group knowledge base and to share thoughts. If we start to spread our knowledge it WILL catch like wildfire. I think the majority of people, that are on the extreme right, are working from a place of fear and ingnorance. The truth will shine a light into that dark place and illuminate, empower, and unify our people. I want nothing more than for things to be made sane. I want everyone to put down the preconceived ideas and demand that we be treated as equal partners in this system. According to the Wall Street Journal the wealthy control 90% of the financial wealth in this country. http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2007/01/08/plutonomics/
How can we be a democracy under these conditions?
The free market can only be free if there is a level playing field. They were able to get to this point by taking advantage of us and buying our government out from under us. And they want us to extend tax breaks for the wealthy that will cost the rest of us hundreds of billions of dollars. Why won't they just pay their share? http://www.offthechartsblog.org/whose-deficit-is-it-anyway/
I am with you, George. I will do my best to win minds where I am located and have influence. It is an uphill battle, but we will not be silenced anymore.

The Rally to Restore Sanity went excellent. The rally in DC was epic in proportion. The local meetup that I participated in went awesome as well. I was actually surprised at all of the positive vibes that we received. Very pleased... :D

Its good to hear it went well.
I hope everyone had a good time. People like to be entertained. Less so, informed.
I do my part to try to reach people..I teach what I know and I learn what I don't.
But until there is an incentive..most people don't want to know. That's the facts..the REAL bottom line.
And thus it really does matter who has the wealth in this country and how the rules are..and wether the laws are upheld.

Alot needs to be changed. And all I can suggest is what you are suggesting..network and even better...boycott the bad actors. Bad mouth them,too. Dont give those players an even break. They wouldnt give you one. And Teach each other, that is so important..and if change is what is really going to happen..then WE WILL be the people we have been waiting for.

Thanks George,
It was a time when people in the community came together and got to see each others faces and stand together. There was definitely an element of entertainment, but I think good people are everywhere and through it all there really is a strong desire for things to change. We don't know how to do it. We don't know what to say. We don't know where we are headed, but we are heading there together. Things are pretty messed up right now. More than a lot of folks have courage to recognize, but we have nothing to fear. We will do it together. Maybe that sounds like a bunch of starry-eyed, wishful BS, but I really do believe in America. I think that you are a really cool guy. I've seen your instructional videos and posts. I see you sharing a lot of yourself and that is just one more thing that gives me hope that good people are out there and that, although the media may paint us as fat, lazy, ignorant, materialists, we are a vibrant and compassionate people. Every point that you have made resonates with me as well. Boycott actors, boycott corporations, boycott anything that threatens to set us back and keep us from enjoying a higher level of education, community, and economic stability. Let's educate ourselves and be the changes that we want to see in the world. Take care...Peace...

GtrGeorge! said:
..but on a few levels it does nothing for me.
The job market sucks.,..times are harder than ever...the rich are amassing more wealth then Ive ever seen in my lifetime...while the elderly have seen no cost of living increase in the Social Security in 2 years. Meanwhile the majority of those same elderly people want to re-elect the GOP..the party which got us into this mess....

I don't. I'm considered a senior citizen. See the other party blew it. Why? they didn't take the "grass roots" thing of the tea partiers seriously. The Germans didn't take Hitler seriously in the late 20s and early 30s either. Hitler could have been stopped. The far right could be stopped, too. But when the media is controlled by them except for MSNBC, and the history of the "Red Scare" back in the 20s and again in the McCarthy era, this nation has a very big tendency to shift to the right when things go to ****.

The guy running for senator here was elevated to his postion in the state by big money special interests. He failed to win the governorship by 100 votes. Now he's running for US Senate and it's a dead heat. He's a creep. Wants to privatize SS. I think about what is left of my 401k.......

Bad omens, but it's all been orchestrated and set up by the US Supreme Court.

Vote...
We need to get ourselves thoroughly educated about what is going on, how government works, and where it is failing. Then vote. There is a grass roots movement starting to polarize the moderates away from the lies and deception of the GOP. It is the media, which is controlled by Republican interest, that tells us that there is nothing happening on the left and redirects our attention to the rude, racist, ignorant tea partiers. FOX News spreads fear and racism in an attempt to get us behind a common threat, much like the "Red Scare" of times past. They tell us we need to worry about the Muslims as though they are all our enemies, when half of FOX News is owned by Alwaleed Bin Talal, a muslim and known financial supporter of radical Hammas groups!! WTF....
There is, however, an undercurrent of sanity. We are not as naive and trusting as our parents and grandparents were. Maybe it's because we've been screwed too many times and we are getting wise. It is the people that have the ability to see these injustices and summon the conviction to share them with each other that will cause change. Even those poor, ignorant, stubborn tea party bastards want change. They are just fighting for the wrong team. It is education that will bring them out of the dark and show them the true enemies of the people. It is the wealthy 1% that control 90% of the financial wealth in this country that are the enemy. We live in a Plutonomy, but we will take the power back. We must be willing to fight for our freedom.
VOTE....

Daryl,
thanks for the kind words. I hear what you are saying but I insist you direct your attention to where the money is. As much as I love education..what I see in others is that no matter the level of education..nothing trumps the money card. If people are incentivized by money, they will make that choices everytime..how else do you get entrenched politicians who do corporate bidding? The money flow to them by companies that make huge profits.
So education comes second to changing how the money flows. So we must not feed the "bad actors". btw, bad actors is a metaphor...it means any and all players on the field who dont play fair, ignore the laws etc.
So who do YOU REFUSE to buy from?

Julia: I hear you, as well..I hope you vote and I wish you would share you very good mind in helping others see the light of day. It is distressing..I hear that in your reply, but I think giving up is not an option.
We dont have alot of pull..but if each one reaches one...then we may very well turn this big boat around.
I think we really missed a major depression...looking at the data..we have already averted (by swift action) a major catastrophy...so we ARE making progress. No wonder such strong opposition!
It just takes alot of time and effort. Please join efforts to move it all forward. You are so smart..I really think you'd be great at it.
GtrGeorge

Well George, do you mean actors like Ronald Reagan who was the presidential spokesmodel that was responsible for the deregulation of the banking industry and elimination of the capital gains tax that was holding the country's infrastructure up. Or maybe it's Sarah Palin who poses as our friend and stands up for conservative values. It could be even lesser characters like Glenn Beck that insist that they are God inspired and they have exclusive access to the "honest" truth. The list of villains far outnumbers the list of benefactors.

I disagree that changing the money flow is the first priority and education second. You see, it takes education to discern the game in the first place. We are not educated about the workings of government and political operations in school, unless we have a political science major. If we do not have adequate knowledge of the problem, which I agree is the proper flow or lack thereof, how can we appropriately assess a viable plan of action? The problem with most Republican arguments are based on what they don't know about politics and what they have heard some ideologue say. Also we are entirely unable, on an individual basis, to enact any change in the flow of special interest money, bribes, and purchased legislation.

So I assert that what is needed is an illumination of the minds that leads us to unifying our intentions and our votes to get things moving in a more utilitarian direction. It's like saying before we go to college and get an education we need to start performing brain surgery. People need brain surgery, but they need educated people making those kinds of decisions. Once we all KNOW what the problem is we can corporately and effectually "speak" and push to legislate a regulation of government for the benefit of the common good. Obama is in the process of moving regulations in place to put limits on contributions and to make sources of all such transactions publicly accessible. It's not going to be perfect, but it is a start.

The underlying problem is that we live in a Plutocratic state. The wealthy 1% control 90% of the financial wealth in this country. http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2007/01/08/plutonomics/

My question for you is: How do you propose we change how the money flows when even with all of the 90% of us combined cannot match the wealthy's control of the money? Are you suggesting we do it through legislation? I feel that it is what needs be done, but easier said than done. And also saying that we must not feed bad actors, which is a metaphor for the players involved etc..., is an assertion that really makes no definitive statement. You have not expressed your idea, but alluded to something that you have conceptualized. Instead of assuming your meaning, I would ask you to be clear about your ideas and not mask things in metaphor and buzz words. I truly want to understand what it is you mean. Until I know precisely what you are referring to when you say "bad actors" and "who do you refuse to buy from", I would ask you specifically who you suggest the bad actors are and who do you refuse to buy from. I can sense your frustration and believe that you are struggling with these injustices. I struggle with frustration every day.

It is very important that we speak the same language and strive to understand one another. We have to work to get ourselves in sync with one another and find a way to come together. I'm not trying to criticize you or put you down in any way. I am trying my best to find a way to understand your perspective. I care. Thank you, my friend. Peace.
:D

Daryl,
Pm me..to keep talking..we are talking politics now..and Political threads will be removed..so just PM me.
GtrGeorge