Problem W/my RH200 G2 Head!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Meaningless_

Reaction score
Well I Bought My Head At Guitar Center And Tried It Out A Little And It Sounded Kick ***. (It Was Used By The Way.) So I Brought It Home And Plugged It Into My Peavey Cab. So I Started Jammin' and Said "I Need Some More Gain!" I Put It On Gain Two And Turned It Up And It Started To Squeal! I Even Tried Stepping Away Thinking It Was Feedback, But It Still Did It. In Order To Stop The Squeal I Would Have To Turn The Level Down And Blast The Volume, But It's Not Load Enough For The Rest Of My Band To Hear Me. HELP! What Can I Do? Will A Noise Gate/Suppressor Help Stop This Squeal?

Thanks
-Andy

Actually try the contour knob and the voicing switch, when i turn de contour to high it squeal, try setting the gain a little bit lower if its al the way up it will squeal like hell .A noise suppressor wont help i got one , but its good with a distortion stomp really help !!!!! give me some feedback !!

A noise gate WILL stop the squealing.

however, to help stop the squealing without one- you need to lower any of the following: Gain, Volume, Treble, Presence etc etc.

Alot of the squealing comes from the high end, so if you lower the high end frequencies a bit (or the gain) it should decrease the amount of Squealing.

RNDL said:
Actually try the contour knob and the voicing switch, when i turn de contour to high it squeal, try setting the gain a little bit lower if its al the way up it will squeal like hell .A noise suppressor wont help i got one , but its good with a distortion stomp really help !!!!! give me some feedback !!

Yeah I Bought A Noise Suppressor & It Didn't Help At All... Maybe I Need A Noise Gate If There's A Difference.(?) What I'm Doing Now Is Using A Distortion Pedal, Noise Suppressor, And Setting The Amp To Clean. It Sounds Fine Now But I Really Wish I Could Use The Gain On The Amp. I'll Try What You Said And Tell You How It Works Out.

Thanks Guys.

you need to put to noise suppressor/noise gate (they both do the same thing essentially) in your SERIAL EFFECTS loop; don't put the Noise Suppressor infront of the amp. The Effects loop needs to be serial, not parallel.

TheAbomb12 said:
you need to put to noise suppressor/noise gate (they both do the same thing essentially) in your SERIAL EFFECTS loop; don't put the Noise Suppressor infront of the amp. The Effects loop needs to be serial, not parallel.

Wait So I Have To Plug It The Back Of The Amp? I Plugged It Into The Input And It Still Squeals Like A *******! I'm Gonna try It Tomorrow And Let You Know How It Works Out. Is Anyone Else Having The Same Problem? Thanks For The Help!

-Andy

the input will not let the Noise Gate/Suppressor work properly if its in the Front Input.

You need to hook everything up like this:

Guitar -> Distortion Pedal (If you still want to use your distortion pedal, otherwise skip this) -> Amp Input

Effects Loop SEND -> Noise Gate Input
Noise Gate Output -> Effects Loop RETURN

Once this is done, the noise GATE WILL stop the squealing; you just need to setup the Noise Gate settings Properly. Also, you should turn the noise gate off when using clean. You can setup you amp to automatically turn off the Effects loop with you switch to clean so you don't have to tap dance.

the noise gate/suppressor may stop the squeal but it will ruin your tone if you run it through the FX loop.

Just back off the gain a little bit, it won't effect your sound that much. The squeal from the amp will stop.. If you're playing at a loud volume your guitar will squeal, that's when you run the noise reduction unit in front of your amp and after your pedals (if you use any).

That's really the only way to stop the feedback without destroying your tone.

the ISP decimator will not squash your tone at all when setup properly. Its the Best Noise gate in the market, and frankly the only one worth spending your cash on.

All you do is throw it in your serial loop, adjust 1 knob (no having to deal with multiple knobs and parameters). The ISP Decimator is extreamly transparent and also preserves your sustained long notes and plays short staccato notes perfectly; all while completely clamping down on Hi-gain noise and squeal.

I'm really picky about tone and feel of an amp, so if the decimator did anything negative to the tone I wouldn't' use it.