MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Egnater & Randall MTS Amp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noise on Channel 4 of my IE4: searching for wiring diagram

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerdy_Nerd
RM20

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Noise on Channel 4 of my IE4: searching for wiring diagram Reply with quote

I realized a loud hiss and hum in channel 3 and 4 in my IE4 (Rocktron Version); especially in channel 4. Gain is not extreme (around 1 o´clock), and more gain rapidly leads to even more hiss. Absolutely no hiss/hum in channel 1 and 2 ! Even if I unplug the guitar-cable from the preamp I hear a massive hiss in Channel 4, sounds almost like there is some kind of “storm” inside of the preamp ! I checked all cables, tried different power amps and even put in a whole set of different preamp tubes, that I had lying around. So I don´t think the tubes are faulty.

I know the perception of sound and even background hiss is very subjective, but I think channel 3 and 4 have been very much quieter before. Has anyone an idea what may be the cause for this ? Hopefully it´s something that can be fixed easily…

In the Jared Coberly forum I have seen schematics/ tube diagrams for the IE4. Unfortunately the forum is down. Has anyone downloaded these images/ files and can post them here or mail them to me (kruempel@t-online.de) ? I guess I need them for repairing issues.

Thank you all very much for any kind of help !

Stephan
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
maeshuggah
RM20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: preamp tubes. Reply with quote

Check Your Preamp Tubes, I have a Vp4 and on channel i was getting the same thing, I changed the preamp tubes through out my Vp4 and I put 12at7's in V1 and 12ax7's in V2, I still use 12ax7's in the input and output buffer tubes. This should help.
bduersch
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because the forum's down doesn't mean that it's not out there somewhere... Smile

http://www.jaredcoberly.com/egnater/tech.htm

--B
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nerdy_Nerd
RM20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your input !

So if the the “old” forum is still somewhere out there, can it also be visited and searched ? I remember some threads I would like to re-read...

Seems that the input jack was defect ! Noise is better now, and changing some tubes also helped a bit. Additionally I realized, that my guitar (ESP Strat with Humbucker) is not as quite as I thought compared to other guitars. Getting a new pickup hopefully will help Wink

Stephan
fireheart82
RM20

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: noise Reply with quote

Got it fixed? how? i had a ie4. now m4.
VitaminG
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

given that the guy made 7 posts back in 2006, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response

I would guess he took it to an amp tech and had it repaired. Or he's handy enough to repair it himself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Other Egnater Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: