MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just orderd a T2, and introducing my self
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SEISMIC
RM20

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Just orderd a T2, and introducing my self Reply with quote

Well ive been running thru a randall rh200 sc g2 thru a seismic 4x12 and 2x12 ext cab and i was wowed buy the rig before joining my new band
this is where the amp really came to life but at the same time really showed where it was lacking for head room in a big way.....my drummer is LOUD and i was over powerd at 200 wats Twisted Evil a very good and a very bad thing, Any way while at a jam with a buddy i hooked in to a speaker that was not hooked up right and i ended up poping the head i am still hoping to fix it and keep it for recording and home use its tone is unlike any amp ive owned and its a great loss to me Crying or Very sad ha any way its still under powerd for what im doing now and ive been hunting and hunting for new heads i even came acros a diamond nitrox for 1000.00 but it sounds like someone farted at highgain caned it and sold it to diamond amps and thats how i would sum up the diamond Laughing its just not enough power and the sound was not there for me at all. so back to randall i came and i got a chance to check out an old T2 at my buds place and i was slamed so i just orderd my new T2 and i am really looking forward to this new upgrade but i gota say my Rh200 will hold a place of honor in my life

Good F#@KEN JOB RANDALL Twisted Evil

And thats what brings me to the randall forum, I hope to keep seeing some cool things from randall METAL MUST DESTORY and theres nothing out there thats better for that job than a god dammed RANDALL
WichitaFalls_Axe
RM20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Just orderd a T2, and introducing my self Reply with quote

Full-ACK...and welcome! \m/

Cheers from germany!
SEISMIC
RM20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Full-ACK...and welcome! \m/

Cheers from germany!

thanks man Twisted Evil

My T2 is now in canada...........Soon it will be mine oh yes it will be mine, because i payed for it Laughing
slashnstrings
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T2 is a great metal amp for sure... congratz on the purchase, keep us updated.

And Welcome

Twisted Evil
Plexi
Treadplate(JF Mod)
Randall 2x12 w/Seventy80s
Mesa 4x12 Stiletto slant cab w/Vintage 30's
Roland JC-120
BBE Sonic Mazimizer
MXR M135 Gate
MXR MC401 Line Driver
SEISMIC
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD Evil or Very Mad well it worked for a bit than the volume started droping out there was alot of feed back but i thought it had to do with the high gain than i turned off the volume on the guitar and i found that there was feed back even with the volume off and now there is no sound out put
at all, theres power and it shiftes thru the channles fine just no sound
is it my tubes? i am kinda geting sick of dead amps Confused
SEISMIC
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will the stress never end.......i just want a randall that works Crying or Very sad

you want to know how much money ive now blown on dead amps
2700.00 bucks!!! Evil or Very Mad now im a pissed off fat metal head with no money and no gear and nothing beter to do than BITCH AND MOAN.....and i feel i have the right to Exclamation

at least the diamond still POWERS UP.....MAYBE I SHOULD STOP WAISTING MY TIME....... and just bye the fart in a can amp Laughing

oh i could send it to randall for repaires but ive been waiting over a month just for parts on another dead randall, spining my wheels with no word or real help from randalls techs,

just empty words and 2 dead heads, the cost, my mind and 2700.00 bucks
Zander
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New amp? Call Randall Customer Service. They should be able to give you a repair solution.
SEISMIC
RM20

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
New amp? Call Randall Customer Service. They should be able to give you a repair solution.

HA thats a laugh Laughing really ive been trying to deal with randall on my rh200 with nothing to show for it....

and this T2 is to far gone so im getting a refund and ive sent my rh200 in to a pro tech in edmonton....very cool guy named Chuck from C4 audio works, he told me to lose the randall t2 and go with the diamond

so im going to retube it and see what it can do Wink

its to bad i really wanted that T2, but i talked with a few owners about there T2s and the list of repaires they needed to go thru it sounds like theres some real issues with some of them. mine would just smell hot than volume drop, once opened there where 2 fuses in the wroung way
it just volume drops and goes into protect mode and wount work...not cool while on stage RANDALL Evil or Very Mad fixed it and it did it again so theres some real demons in this amp and it will cost more in lebour to fix it than its worth..... Rolling Eyes
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEISMIC wrote:
Quote:

HA thats a laugh Laughing really ive been trying to deal with randall on my rh200 with nothing to show for it....

and this T2 is to far gone so im getting a refund and ive sent my rh200 in to a pro tech in edmonton....very cool guy named Chuck from C4 audio works, he told me to lose the randall t2 and go with the diamond

so im going to retube it and see what it can do Wink

its to bad i really wanted that T2, but i talked with a few owners about there T2s and the list of repaires they needed to go thru it sounds like theres some real issues with some of them. mine would just smell hot than volume drop, once opened there where 2 fuses in the wroung way
it just volume drops and goes into protect mode and wount work...not cool while on stage RANDALL Evil or Very Mad fixed it and it did it again so theres some real demons in this amp and it will cost more in lebour to fix it than its worth..... Rolling Eyes

s*&t!!!
Sorry to hear that Seismic.
You shouldn't be having so much trouble with your amp. Chinese made s*&t is like that though. You never can tell if the build quality is going to be fully up to par. If you bought it new and it's still under warranty, I would bitch at them until something gives. Have you talked to Kevin Drury@ Randall? He has been a huge help for me and has hooked me up with stuff even though my RM100 is past warranty. If it was fixed and it did it again, I seriously question the cred of the tech that fixed it. We are talking solid state power right? Should be a pretty simple affair. Smells hot and power cuts out...Sounds like the power transformer. Do you have schematics for this amp?
ryan9896
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: ???? Reply with quote

it is so hard to trouble shoot on a forum, there could be so many things wrong with any particular rig. randall didn't get it's reputation by selling garbage amps, sometimes user error plays a big part. i'm not taking any shots at anyone, just saying. the v2/t2 amps are very reliable, as mentioned, they are solid state power section. not a very problematic amplifier setup.

@ seismic......you already praised randall and the rh200, so you know they make good stuff. also, u make no mention of what cab u are using or what ohms your running on the cab. again, i'm not taking any shots at you, just saying. i would have addressed the place you bought it from, and get all over randall, i'm sure they'll stand by their product.

good luck!!! (don't settle for the diamond)
X2 Digital Wireless
DigiTech GSP1101 w/ Control 2
ISP Decimator ProRack G
Jackson DKMGT w/ Kerry King EMG 81/85 + 18V mod
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ???? Reply with quote

ryan9896 wrote:
it is so hard to trouble shoot on a forum, there could be so many things wrong with any particular rig. randall didn't get it's reputation by selling garbage amps, sometimes user error plays a big part. i'm not taking any shots at anyone, just saying. the v2/t2 amps are very reliable, as mentioned, they are solid state power section. not a very problematic amplifier setup.

@ seismic......you already praised randall and the rh200, so you know they make good stuff. also, u make no mention of what cab u are using or what ohms your running on the cab. again, i'm not taking any shots at you, just saying. i would have addressed the place you bought it from, and get all over randall, i'm sure they'll stand by their product.

That's great advice, Ryan. Check to make sure you are running the right ohm setting for the cab you are using, this is critical. If you are not sure buzz us on the forum and we will get you straight. Also make some noise to Randall about this. They will help you out. I have had a lot of good experience with the guys at Randall.
Get in touch with Kevin@Randall: kevin.drury@usmusiccorp.com
He will hook you up and if you still got warranty left on that amp, they will take good care of you. Don't get discouraged. Randall is some wicked good s*&t and they stand behind their products. Solid state amplifiers should last forever just about. C'mon bro, I want to hear you happy about turning up your Randall and ripping it up again!!!
SEISMIC
RM20

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all the help on this and letting me vent Laughing

i returned the amp for a full refund and i bought the Diamond nitrox and really after messing with the EQ for about 3.5 weeks Shocked i have the sound i wanted and a top shelf amp that has a life time warranty. im really very happy with the diamond and would never get rid of it and now that its eq'd its a true monster but untill i hit the sound i hated it and it took some time but im in love with the beast, how ever ill be getting my RH 200 back and i am really happy about that one Twisted Evil

and i did talk with the guys with randall thru all of the BS i was going thru and there was no help at all, no parts for my rh 200 and no word or calls in over 2 months and it was Keven i was talking too......not impressed nor should i be because i was a true randall fan and i feel let down and i know of at least 5 band members that are in the same boat

its sad to say but its going to take alot for randall to prove there not building crap on mass, and i wont buy another new randall again Sad

edit, im running 2 8omh 400watt 4x12 cabs and 2 100watt 8ohm ext cabs in the chain, no effects
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that Randall didn't take care of you. Ever since they sold out to U.S. Musicorp. They have lost their edge. I think they are getting weaker and weaker. Have you seen how pathetic the design of the new Lynch Box is? I am glad that you got a killer amp though. I hear Diamond is a great company out of Texas and they are pretty f&*king heavy sounding. Rock on my Canadian friend. Tear the roof off the mutha fucka.
Shinozoku
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get that Randall fixed up and run it in Stereo with the Diamond for a true brutal wall of chaos Very Happy
Edwards E-AL-128 with a Seymour Duncan JB
SEISMIC
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Get that Randall fixed up and run it in Stereo with the Diamond for a true brutal wall of chaos

Its funny that you bring that up, Ive been trying to bang my head in to that idea for a few days now, but im not to sure how to go about it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> T2/V2 Amp Series All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: