Here's something new! :)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
superswitch.jpg

Yep, *four* three way switches.

1) tight switch
2) gain switch - goes from a distinctive clean to blues to rock to metal
3) voicing switch a - adds a low mid to the EQ and changes the response
4) voicing switch b - adds a upper mid to the EQ and changes response

Trying to do some clips, VERY versatile module. Did this to see if it could be done and also because I sometimes rehearse with one of my bands - using a Randall RM20. I like this because I can spin a few knobs and go from ZZ Top to metal to a versatile clean that has compression and a tiny bit of grit to crystal clean depending on pickup strength.

Crazy, eh? :)

Pete

crankyrayhanky said:
:shock:

Very interesting...

Remember the 6 way mod on your mark module? This is kinda like that on the last two switches, but it's a *9* combination setup... plus gain and the tight switch.

Pete

Wow...I'm totally floored by that module!!!
What module would you suggest getting setup with this arrangement?
You planning to do a Youtube demo?

I'm going to do some clips, not sure about youtube as I keep getting grief about the quality and to sync up video and pro (or as pro as I get... I'm a hobby guy like most of us here) audio takes awhile. It's easier to just do audio, but I realize it's nice to see the switches change the sound too.

It was a lot more soldering and wiring than the typical mod I do. Plus the cost would obviously be more. I might have a few now and then... may even sell the proto after clips and finish up some other stuff I have in the ol' skunkworks. :) If anyone's interested let me know and maybe we can work something out.

I don't want to state what module I used until people hear the clean tones... I think it's going to surprise folks.

Pete

Wow that looks sexy. I can't wait to hear it. All I can do at the moment is look and drool, spent up till mid January. :-D

~Peace!
Broke Hat

Pete, we don't hear from you much but when we do it's worth the wait :)

Can't wait to hear this! You better be doing all the voicing combos on the clean tones too so we can get the full experience ;)

Very interesting. As stated from others, I can't wait to hear the mod.

FYI Pete, F*** those drilling you about the quality of your youtube vids. They may not be "pro" quality but they are good enough to hear the modules & the effect the various switches & knob settings have on the modules.

Hamner1 said:
FYI Pete, F*** those drilling you about the quality of your youtube vids. They may not be "pro" quality but they are good enough to hear the modules & the effect the various switches & knob settings have on the modules.
+1 on that!!
I have seen all of those videos and I think they do a great job getting across the idea. Nothing is perfect and it must be understood that it will never be quite like auditioning the real thing. You sort of have to look at the audio in the video as a reference. I for one say the vids are great and **** the nay-sayers. :)

Daryl said:
Hamner1 said:
+1 on that!!
I have seen all of those videos and I think they do a great job getting across the idea. Nothing is perfect and it must be understood that it will never be quite like auditioning the real thing. You sort of have to look at the audio in the video as a reference. I for one say the vids are great and f*&k the nay-sayers. :)

I have to agree! In my opinion the vids give a better idea of the sounds, because you are able to see exactly what switches/knobs are in what positions. I would rather see that then just hear better sound and guess. just my 2 cents.

Peace!
~Even my 2 cents are MAD

Hey Pete,
The faceplate on this module is interesting. I noticed that it is engraved or etched into the surface. That is pretty cool. How is that done? Is that laser or just cnc engraved? It makes it look much more 3-D than paint or silk screening. I bought one of the Twin Amp mods you did from another guy on the forum and it has the same type of engraving. It makes it look a lot more professional.
BTW: The tone is just perfect.