I need a RM100!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCChicken88

Reaction score
So everyone on eBay seems to think their RM is worth way more than the market used value. I won an RM100KH for $610 (STEAL!) but the buyer decided that wasn't enough so he declined to sell it to me (GODDAMN RESERVES!!!). I need an RM, if anyone has one that they are trying to sell, please let me know! I got rid of my peavey 6505 & am ampless and going crazy!! Sorry, I'm just venting! I should have one for $610 right now!! Lol

That sucks. I won a Grendal isolation cab for $100 on eBay- no reserve- and the guy flat out told me to forget about it. Keep looking, there are deals to be had...

I don't blame him for not selling it. With three modules it's a $2000 + amp. I won't take $610 either. In fact, I was offered $610 as a trade in at GC.

I got $800 for a Peavey 6505+ that I paid $1090 for new in September.

Why should I take $610 for a RM100 which sells empty for $1300 new? At the offers I see for crap I might as well take it and trade it at Guitar Center if I want to move it out. Plus the seller has to pay fees to both eBay and PayPal which eats into the sale price. Just because the economy sucks doesn't mean there aren't people out there willing to spend the money.

The low balling is why I haven't bothered putting mine on the market.

It's an auction, it's not low balling. He decided to sell it, I was just taking advantage. Not my fault the economy is garbage. Randall amps resale value is not very good anyway, that's just a fact.

if resale is so bad, why can't you pick one up stupid cheap? You just stated that everyone on ebay is asking for more than the market value. As determined by what? Even the one that you "won" for $610 on ebay had a reserve, so being highest bidder but failing to pass the reserve means you didn't actually win the auction.

That's what reserves are for. They set a floor below which you're not obligated to sell. If the seller isn't in a hurry the seller doesn't sell at the lower price. in about 5 months the gear market is going to bottom. That's when a lot of people's unemployment runs out. Once the gear glut is gone, prices will start to rise again because those who will be buying will be those who have the money.

It's supply and demand. If you want an AXE FX it is cheaper to buy a new one than buy a used one -- there is a waiting list for new.

VitaminG said:
if resale is so bad, why can't you pick one up stupid cheap? You just stated that everyone on ebay is asking for more than the market value. As determined by what? Even the one that you "won" for $610 on ebay had a reserve, so being highest bidder but failing to pass the reserve means you didn't actually win the auction.
I agree VitaminG.
If a buyer knows there is a reserve and does not meet it, then they simply lost the bid. It is a bigger travesty that the perceived resale on MTS is so low. Market prices change and stuff is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So JCChicken88, you didn't win anything. If you like MTS gear, but it costs more than what your budget is set at, then maybe you should consider buying something more in your price range, like maybe a Bugera or Crate. I think it's bullshit to cry about not getting someone's stuff for dirt cheap and not even having the decency to meet the reserve.
You are a low-baller and one of the reasons that the resale value of gear is so weak. I am tired of people taking advantage of other people and virtually stealing their gear because the economy is bad. You aren't going to get any sympathy from me.

turkey-vulture-feeding-1a.jpg

Wow!! I can't believe everyone is taking this so seriously, I was speaking rather tongue in cheek lol. We all know $610 was ridiculously low for the amp, I just wish I could get a steal like that for once. Not really a serious post at all.

And Daryl, I'm glad u know so much about me, but I thought u should know, I reserved a Mark 5 5 months before I actually received it, so I hardly think I'm contributing to the fall of the economy lol. I would just like to get a great deal for once like the ones I hear a about on various forums.

I just bought a brand new RM100KH. Even at brand new prices they are great deals. :D

I'm getting an RM100 from a board member for a great price. But down the line I might pick up a RM100KH, they are $1,850 on BEYONDELEVEN.com

JCChicken88 said:
And Daryl, I'm glad u know so much about me, but I thought u should know, I reserved a Mark 5 5 months before I actually received it, so I hardly think I'm contributing to the fall of the economy lol. I would just like to get a great deal for once like the ones I hear a about on various forums.

No. YOU are not contributing to the demise of the economy. It is the 10,000 people who have bought off our politicians and are screaming for more tax cuts, cuts in education, cuts in social security, and elimination of the estate tax (which only affects your estate if you have over $5 million and who has that?). All the while they lay off workers and outsource their jobs overseas. Why? Because they want obedient workers who will do more and more for less and less. The economy isn't going to turn around from consumer spending. The economy will turn around when people get decent paying jobs.

We're heading back to the days of the Tennessee Ernie Ford song "16 Tons".

Julia said:
JCChicken88 said:

No. YOU are not contributing to the demise of the economy. It is the 10,000 people who have bought off our politicians and are screaming for more tax cuts, cuts in education, cuts in social security, and elimination of the estate tax (which only affects your estate if you have over $5 million and who has that?). All the while they lay off workers and outsource their jobs overseas. Why? Because they want obedient workers who will do more and more for less and less. The economy isn't going to turn around from consumer spending. The economy will turn around when people get decent paying jobs.

One of those moments when I click the proverbial "Like" button on this forum :) Capitalism is the downfall of economic growth.

Shinozoku said:
Julia said:
JCChicken88 said:

One of those moments when I click the proverbial "Like" button on this forum :) Capitalism is the downfall of economic growth.
Ha, ha, ha... :)
My sense of sarcasm is perhaps a bit too dry...
Didn't mean to bust your balls, Chicken-licken...
I agree with Julia. That there is a bigger problem than just a few people buying stuff under fair value. We have a fundamental inequality that allows less than 2% of the population to control over 90% of the wealth. It is called a Plutonomy. These self proclaimed "elite" would have everyone else pay their way even though they are making ridiculous amounts of money off of the interest on the money they already have and receiving billions in tax cuts and corporate welfare. They find creative ways to manipulate the banking systems to allow us all to fall into deeper and deeper in debt. The wealthy buy, sell, speculate, and trade our debt like it is a commodity. They gamble with our very lives and expect us to pick up the bill when they lose money. The worst part is the political propaganda from FOX News, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and the like that has the very people that are being enslaved vehemently fighting to protect these wealthy dictators in the name of freedom. Off with their heads!!! Viva Revothlution...

I went on a semi-tirade about estate taxes, posted it, and quickly removed it. Please, let's keep this board politics-free. I have to deal with the RepubliCrat Empire on a daily basis running a small business and guitar is my hobby to get away from reality. Anyone on this board, that spends a significant amount of their income on gear, should appreciate the fact that they are able to do so. Thank you for your consideration.

I could go into it in a very long post, and probably get kicked off the forum, but if you want to really understand..... You do know who Rupert Murdoch is, right? He owns FOX, Dow-Jones, Wall Street Journal (published by Dow-Jones), NY Post, DirectTV, and several other media outlets. Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin all work for him. Now, go to Wikipedia and you'll find out some surprising things, like who he held fundraisers for (Hilary), and who his papers endorsed in 2008. Now you know who pulls the strings.

It's like the song "Politician". "I talk to the left, but I lean to the right."

But watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

This was in 2005. Guess what got cut last month -- cuts in Social Security tax. The system could be made solvent very easily.

There are 2 things I've learned in life :
1) a few wealthy and powerful people have too much control over the world.
2) If at all possible, try to become one of those wealthy and power people.

Kidding aside...

We're killing ourselves here. We all want Randall to carry on with the MTS line. BUT, we don't send any money Randall's way when we continue to buy/trade used modules/amps.