Lynch playing Mr. Scary guitars thru a Diezel

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kranked4Christ

Reaction score
I just YouTubed George Lynch 2011- two of the first clips found are George playing his own Mr. Scary brand guitars through a Diezel half stack. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I have heard that he uses Diezels sometimes, but I do find it very odd and a conflict of interest that he is using Diezel rather than Randall while the "new" Lynch Box is being unveiled in this same building!!! Is he even going over to the Randall booth or for that matter, the ESP booth, both of whom have him as a primary endorser? Thanks for all your input on the matter!

P.S.-- Still wish I could play like George and meet him regardless even if he is playing a plastic Elmo guitar through a First Act amp or an ESP through a Randall Lynch Box!!!!

George is a nice guy - dont know what his relationship is with the comapnies whose products he endorses.

Obviously both ESP and Randall giving him high profile doesn't hurt him at all (although I feel that many folks would just like to have him back in Dokken).

I do wonder sometimes if he uses that stuff live though - or whether he simply uses whatever appeals to him at the time

It could be that that was what was available at the time..

But yeah it's strange to be playing other gear from what you are endorsing.
It goes against the whole idea.

Mr Scary guitars are distributed through ESP. I think they're actual ESP guitars that are carved by Lynch.

If you had a chance to play through a Deizel wouldn't you do it? Maybe a signature module will be based on it?... :roll:

BTW, I'm sure George doesn't use the LB all the time, but I did see him use them. It was about 4 years ago though.

I think George was actually a little iritated with the guy in clip 1 messing with the controls on the amp he was playing through. It begs the question who the hell was that and why would they feel the need to mess with George's settings. :?

It was really difficult to hear the tone of the amp with all the background noise. But always cool to see George play.

Is Diezel part of ESP? That may have been a reason he was using those. I don't know, just speculating.

I saw George live twice last year. He had Marsha's, Marshall's, Randall's, Sullivan's (I believe that was the name), and a Diezel Herbert on stage. From what I can remember, all of them were turned on. How many and which ones actually had cabinets hooked up is up to speculation. There were lots of cabinets up there though.

Ja,

I saw the Mr. Scary guitars on Sat. He seemed to be sharing the spot with Deizel, as he endorses everyone else...and yes Sacred Groove is correct. He winds the pickups as well.

No BS; I was wanking away on one of them, and some guy cruised by and thought I was Jerry Cantrell!

Have fun!

I was just hoping that George would have a video with the new Judge/GTO module and the new Lynch Box amp. Oh well, maybe someone will post one later. Hamner1, the guy messing with the amp settings is Gerry, Lynch's long-time guitar tech. Gerry will even answer questions directly on George's official webpage (Lynchforum.com) and has just recently started being on the site frequently again :) Gerry also writes on the site that all George's fans should love the new Randall Lynch Box :D (even though we don't care for the asthetics) and the NEW Cabinets with NEW speakers too!!!

Oh yeah. Still why mess with the controls if George isn't asking. At least it wasn't a random prick who thought he should mess GL's sound.

Why mess with the tone? Because maybe his tech went into the main area and heard it needed some tweaking. When you're playing you can't hear what you sound like in the audience. That's why you have techs and sound engineers.

I think that guy is his tech.. seen him in a few other videos. I think I also saw him wearing gloves like GL in those clips :D

Lynch as mentioned already uses anything he can get his hands on.. I do think from a relationship point of view, that it is disrespectful not to make a vid with your own amp at the booth of the company that endorses you though. All I really get from this is " Randall is great, when I don't have anything else around"

Julia said:
Why mess with the tone? Because maybe his tech went into the main area and heard it needed some tweaking. When you're playing you can't hear what you sound like in the audience. That's why you have techs and sound engineers.

I would agree with this if he were on stage, but it appears he is in an area not very large and his "audience" is at about the same distance and height as he is from the amps.

I preface this with saying I have never been to NAMM. So maybe 3 or 4 "rows" back the sound was crap or they were unable to hear it, so Jerry tweaked it.

m0jo said:
It could be that that was what was available at the time..

Maybe, but I don't think NAMM is something you all of a sudden show up for. It seems to me you schedule a space months in advance. I would think Randall could have gotten him some new Lynch boxes to play through or a couple MTS Lynch boxes and modules within that time frame.

NAMM is definitely not something you go to perform unscheduled- Gerry posted on George's website last month what time George would be performing at the Seymour Duncan booth. I too think that Randall and Lynch should have coordinated demos of both the new Lynch Box and GTO/Judge module- hopefully they did!

I find it inconceivable that Randall didn't get organised enough to get George to do a quick filmclip to demo the new GTO module or the new Lynchboxes

Considering that I'm sure he must get a royalty - or at least a huge amount of promotion via his supposed endorsement / input to the product line, I can't believe that no promo film clip has been produced and bandied around - even just on YouTube.

I also cant believe that Randall have let all these new products come out without any fanfare /press releases or big amount of coverage on their own website

Kranked4Christ said:
NAMM is definitely not something you go to perform unscheduled- Gerry posted on George's website last month what time George would be performing at the Seymour Duncan booth. I too think that Randall and Lynch should have coordinated demos of both the new Lynch Box and GTO/Judge module- hopefully they did!

Slight rant about to commence. :roll:
This is obviously what is irritating us all (or at least most of us). I'm inclined to put the blame both with Randall and GL. 1st Randall should have coordinated to get GL some amps and cabs for his booth. At the very least, they needed to have him at the Randall booth playing through his new head/cab & his sig MTS stuff, especially the GTO. In my opinion this is unacceptable Randall didn't get this done. Randall needs to get themselves reestablished. That only happens with marketing and good products. My local music store doesn't carry Randall, simply because Peavey & Bugera fill that price point/market and they put themselves out there. They market their product well.

GL WTF. I'll be the last person to tell GL to show some brand loyalty. I've used Marshall, Peavey, Crate, Fender, Randall, & Rocktron products. Rocktron is the only brand I have shown loyalty to over the years (mostly because of the quality midi gear they have and had over the years). Plus he has been with ESP (& actually uses them) for 25+ years. At any rate, George knew he was going to be at NAMM & when. I'm pretty sure he could have coordinated with Randall to get a demo scheduled &/or to have them supply him with some amps & modules. At the same time I'm sure GL has some completed prototype stuff within his posession. He could have supplied it himself.

:idea: Maybe I have the wrong idea, but my perception of endorsement, is a symbiotic relationship. The artist I feel has a responsibility to the company to promote the product. If you are not going to do that why bother. As well the company needs to support the artist and reimburse them for their support/promotion of products.

Ok I'm done. :roll:

Hamner1 said:
This is obviously what is irritating us all (or at least most of us). I'm inclined to put the blame both with Randall and GL. 1st Randall should have coordinated to get GL some amps and cabs for his booth. At the very least, they needed to have him at the Randall booth playing through his new head/cab & his sig MTS stuff, especially the GTO. In my opinion this is unacceptable Randall didn't get this done. Randall needs to get themselves reestablished. That only happens with marketing and good products. My local music store doesn't carry Randall, simply because Peavey & Bugera fill that price point/market and they put themselves out there. They market their product well.

GL WTF. I'll be the last person to tell GL to show some brand loyalty. I've used Marshall, Peavey, Crate, Fender, Randall, & Rocktron products. Rocktron is the only brand I have shown loyalty to over the years (mostly because of the quality midi gear they have and had over the years). Plus he has been with ESP (& actually uses them) for 25+ years. At any rate, George knew he was going to be at NAMM & when. I'm pretty sure he could have coordinated with Randall to get a demo scheduled &/or to have them supply him with some amps & modules. At the same time I'm sure GL has some completed prototype stuff within his posession. He could have supplied it himself.

:idea: Maybe I have the wrong idea, but my perception of endorsement, is a symbiotic relationship. The artist I feel has a responsibility to the company to promote the product. If you are not going to do that why bother. As well the company needs to support the artist and reimburse them for their support/promotion of products.

Well said sir
I couldn't agree more

Everyone benefits from working together - the product suppliers get their products seen by potential customers in the way they were designed to be seen

The artist benefits because his showcase for the product keeps him in the public eye both at the show and over and over if the clip gets on YouTube.
It is a win/win situation.

Also the customer benefits as a great showcase is inspiring in many ways
1) to generate GAS for the product
2) To reinvigorate appreciation for the player in question
3) To light a fire under their *** to go and play more guitar themselves
4) makes your day out at NAMM an even bigger treat

George is currently using his new LB 103 head on tour. it was the only head at his Denver show. Sounded killer. The Mr Scary guitars are crafted by George and available through Mr Scary Guitars. Can't say exactly what ESPs involvement is.