New Egnater & Randall Modules for 2007 NAMM?????

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I know of but I will stop at Randall first then Egnater when I get to NAMM. Will post any news if I can get into the Internet lounge (it's usually packed).

most excellent. I won't make to NAMM this year, unfortunately. It's actually a good thing for my bank account, since I have serious GAS for high-end recording gear.

I recently joined the Gearslutz forum, and it is too much. Members there would have you blow your last dime on a Neve mic pre or an Apogee converter. . .

Matt

twenty4_7spy said:
I recently joined the Gearslutz forum, and it is too much. Members there would have you blow your last dime on a Neve mic pre or an Apogee converter. . .

Well, they are.....gear sluts. They know lots about which expensive brands are popular at the moment, that's all. I bet most of them would be outmixed by my mom on a Behringer. Really 8) :p

my dealer had mentioned that he was asked by the rep as to what would be cool and he asked for a RM20 with 2 mods slots and footswitchable. the rep said he was like the 15th dealer to ask for that.
I just want a DIEZEL mod vh4 lead channel

evyerone says the mhg has that diezel sorta sound to it.

..Yeah i hear that in it . i just havent decided yet MOD 50 ,RM50 ,M4 so many choices ..lol .im gonna wait till after Namm the Brahma should be cool im thinking George was using the MOJAVE so maybe itll be the Classic plexi hi gain .sort of like the peacemaker

I spoke with Frank a week ago and he mentioned that the production model of the California Overdrive module might be making an appearance this year! I'll be there so I will be sure to snap some pictures of both the Egnater and Randall boothes! :D

P.S. Ned, do you want to meet up at NAMM bro? I'll be there during the Saturday date of the show so let me know if you want to hang. I will be meeting up with a whole bunch of people so I don't mind adding another buddy to my list! :)

wouldnt a california od basically be covered by the erect or is it supposed to be a more classic boogie style tone ie mk series?

Nopers, California OD = overdrive, whereas the E'Rect = high gain. I think they are going for more of a Dumble/Fuchs kind of sound for that module, unless I'm mistaken. I know, the use of these model names might seem confusing but if they used anything even resembling "Dumble" in the name of the module Howard would go sue-happy I'm sure! :lol: Either way I'm interested to hear it, so hopefully it will be there! :D

I think the Cali OD is Mesa Mark I in one channel the D amp in the other.

Word up! Sounds good to me... I'm interested in hearing that one in person, as well as some of the others I haven't heard yet. Might have to bring some cash just in case I see something I like... hehe 8)

I will also be at NAMM and wouldn't mind meeting some fellow forumites there. By the way, no need to bring much cash as most things there are on display only and not for sale, well except to dealers and such. Anyway, its an awesome place to be! In 2003 I happened to be walking past the Egnater booth when I heard someone shredding away on one and it was Jack Frost. That was the first time I heard an Egnater in person and was impressed ever since!

Let's definately get together and hang.

If Jack's there he will most likely be at the Godlyke booth. I took Jack out to dinner (and the rest of the Godlyke boys) at Summer NAMM this year and he came to our Saturday night gig. It was only Sunday at NAMM that I learned who he was (at 40+ metal to me is Sabath, Ozzie, Metallica).

Sweet, I'm game. Let me find out what time I'll be arriving from my host and then we can make plans! :D

Well, they are.....gear sluts. They know lots about which expensive brands are popular at the moment, that's all. I bet most of them would be outmixed by my mom on a Behringer. Really 8) :p

Actually, Gearslutz is loaded with honchos like Michael Wagener, Bruce Swedian, and others, who regularly post. It's amazing. What an education.

Matt

twenty4_7spy said:

Actually, Gearslutz is loaded with honchos like Michael Wagener, Bruce Swedian, and others, who regularly post. It's amazing. What an education.

Matt

Yeah, there are some knowledgable and well travelled recording industry types on gearslutz... but have you also noticed that none of them seem to buy into any of the hype. Its almost as though most people encourage and buy into high end gear purely for its placebo effect - Its costs a lot, so it must sound good!

Then you see photo's of Michael Wagener using radio shack mics for the vocal tracks of the last King's X album.