Lynch Mob

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is he in the desert? Just curious...Does he live there or did he built a shanty and use a generator...Seems weird...I'm sure I'm missing something...Cool to see him using his Randall gear at least - even if it is in front on no one in the middle of the desert...

He lives out that way and if I remember right he was going to some building that has some very cool reverb in it. There is another clip of that some where. I think they were just having fun as well. No real significance other than they could.

Ultron said:
I think he lives in Castaic, CA.....same neighborhood as Zakk Wylde. That desert video I believe is some property he has...I think he mentions his family had roots there.

That is the correct answer from what I have read also.

it's his solar powered studio he uses to lay down tracks. a few reasons - He can play as loud as he wants, natural reverb, and his family has roots there :)

I like gLynch, but he is surprisingly mortal on the axe. Makes me feel better about the slop I play....when it's time for the studio & stage, he's talented, but this senseless wanking doesn't sound better than most everyday Joes I come across in Music shops.
In fact, he's right hand is completely blues-out, there's no speed picking at all, no sweep arpeggios, his only flash is tapping/pick tapping.
Crazy how far skill levels have come since his heyday, every kid on the block is executing blinding sweeptaps these days...I miss early 90s grunge when no one shredded, I felt like a shredGod then, lol

Ultron said:
Here's a video from a show this week....looks like he's using the new LBs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37yHiA229c

"Looks like" is right. Someone from another forum posted pictures from a recent show, and the LB was on standby, but no cable was plugged in. This guy said George was plugged into a Friedman amp hidden behind the cabs.

Ultron said:

"Looks like" is right. Someone from another forum posted pictures from a recent show, and the LB was on standby, but no cable was plugged in. This guy said George was plugged into a Friedman amp hidden behind the cabs.

6stringgrind said:
Ultron said:

Yeah, I posted that on the other LynchMob thread here. The show is Chicago, George was playing thru a Friedman Marsha, a Sullivan, and a Fender combo for cleans. Lynchboxes were on standby.

George will be George.

I just went to the Lynch Mob show Friday night. During soundcheck, the new Lynch Box was not even powered up. The Fender amp used for cleans was visible. But the Sullivan and the Marsha heads were hidden behind the cabs. During the gig, the Lynch Box was powered on, but I am fairly certain that it was not used. That's due to when the sound tech guy told G that his sound was too loud, his reply was something like, "I have no master volume on my amp."

It was a great show though. I managed to record a small snippet of G jamming at soundcheck. I will try and see if I can post it for you to enjoy.