Voodoo Amp Mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
Been kinda talking back and forth with Trace at Voodoo amps through email about mods to the MTS. Guess they haven't done any as of yet but they said that it shouldn't be a problem but they would have to do each preamp module seperately which could get costly at $295.00 a pop. Apparently they can get rid of the buzzy gain, tighten up the bottom end, make the gain more clear, balance out the frequencies, and make it so there is more usable gain at lower volume levels. I'd like to at least maybe get an Ultra or Recto module modded. Be interesting to see what they can do. He also said to send him the schematics of the power section and he could see what they might be able to offer as far as mods to that as well. If you haven't been to thier website before, check it out. They have a **** load of sound clips available for alot of different amps they have modded. It is www.voodooamps.com. Maybe I should have listed this under "Module Modifications"......sorry!

Wait for the Ultra XL module for $200 rather than modding (with no sure results until it's done) and spending $300.

Sixstringhotshot said:
Wait for the Ultra XL module for $200 rather than modding (with no sure results until it's done) and spending $300.

Definately......I have been wanting to try one of these but have not seen them for sale anywhere.

Nor have I, but I got to demo it at NAMM. If you somehow didn't already think the current high gain modules sucked, this will definately seal the deal. It's got more gain than any other module, and it stays tight and defined all the way up the dial.

trendkill1168 said:
...which could get costly at $295.00 a pop. Apparently they can get rid of the buzzy gain, tighten up the bottom end, make the gain more clear, balance out the frequencies, and make it so there is more usable gain at lower volume levels.
I don't get any buzzy gain with my modules and the cap mod can tighten your bottom end up. More useable gain at lower volumes would be nice but for $295 a module I think I would try a power soak first...
Just my 2 cents worth and a very humble opinion that is...
It almost seems lie a cookie cutter response to what they can do for the Peavey XXX. Not slagging Trace or anything but I think $295 per module is pretty steep considering Bruce or the Randall guys will tell you what to do to make just about any change in a module...
~Kurt

Im not sure I would spend that much on modding the module. But I will say Trace modded my Marshall TSL with excellent results. That was like$800 though.

For $295 you could do alot of playing around on your own and still buy a new module if you hosed it.