G12-50L Lynchback and new Randall cabs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Reaction score
Saw Lynchmob Friday night. George was using the new hard wired head and had new matching cabs. They reminded me of the g-flex cabs he used to use, in that the left two speakers and the right two speakers are mounted on a slight angle. Also, George is supposedly now using Celestions, the "G12-50L Lynchback"

http://www.guitarnoize.com/blog/comments/namm-2011-celesion-speakers-announce-the-george-lynch-signature-model-the-g

So what does that mean for the Emminence speakers? This guy jumps more gear than anyone I have ever seen. I bought the whole stack with the Super V's. Now a year later he is with Celestion...???

Eminence doesn't list the Super V anymore. Although you would think if they rebadged it & sold it for the going rate of their other Red Coat speakers, they would sell pretty well. But no other speaker I come across in the current Eminence line is the same as the Super V.

I wonder how much work Celestion really did on this "new" speaker. Comparing the specs of the 2 speakers, other than wattage all else seems to be equal; frequency response, resonant frequency, materials, etc.

LOVE my two super V's paired up with RI greenies.. I heard they were discontinuing them (from Emimence) because they also were not that popular. Why? I have no clue, they are awesome. The first time in 4 years i like playing standing in front of the cab..