My rig of the week

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimosity

Reaction score
I change guitar rigs like most people do underwear, but this is what I'm rolling with for my next gig tomorrow night.

2011rig.jpg

Guitar -> x2 wireless -> Bad Horsie wah -> Clean Boost pedal (one I built) -> Egnater M4 -> AxeFx -> Mesa 50/50 -> Mesa 2x12 vert.
GCP for switching w/two Ernie Ball expression pedals.

I was gonna run the 4CM with the AxeFX to get some pre effects before the M4, but using the M4 in the loop of the AxeFX is a pain in the *** with all the hoops to jump thru with setting levels in 94 different places to get it to sound right. Since I really only needed a Wah and a boost in pre, it was just easier to go the old school route and use the pedals instead of CC'ing 'em with the AxeFX.

I had my G-Major2 in there before switching over to the AxeFX, and it may go back in since I hate to use up the AxeFX for such menial tasks as a vol. boost/delay/verb on some solos, harmonizer I use on one song and the noise gate.

Now that I think about it, I'm positive I'll be changing my gear around before the next show, but this will do for tomorrow night.

I'm rolling with the SL+ as my primary tone, but may swap it out for my EG3/4 since it can get pretty close...
I've got my MHG that I'm getting ready to ship out to Salvation for the dual channel Salvado deluxe mod. Can't wait for that.

Awesome little rig! Didn't you have a bunch of G-flex 2x12s?

How do you like the Mesa 50/50? I'll be in the market soon for a poweramp and don't know if I'll be able to reaquire a VHT 2/50/2, so I'm looking for something less expensive.

I still have four of the G-Flex 2x12's - great cabs.
I've just been using the Mesa 2x12 since it fits easily into the trunk of my car. The Mesa 50/50 is a good unit - I don't have anything bad to say about it. I've had a few of 'em over the years. I still like my 2/90/2 better, but it's in one of my other guitar rigs. I think the KT88's in it are what puts it over the top as my favorite power amp around.

Wow, I just noticed that my rig is primarily made in the USA gear...or at least the companies are USA companies.
That was not planned.
I'll be playing a Peavey Wolfgang (USA) and a ESP Skulls & Snakes (not USA) tonight.

Very cool, let us know how it goes. I'm down to playing Wolfie's almost exclusively due to the weight and they play like melted butter (especially after Mark Erlewine's had a go at them).

I need to find a Gold Top standard....

I've been using a Digitech 1101 straight into the board for gigs and keep thinking about an AxeFX.

hahaha
That's funny, I guess that pic is still online somewhere...
I do still have those.
Yeah, I like the G-flex cabs. I still use them from time to time, but my Mesa 2x12 vertical fits in my trunk easily. :)

On my rig in the original post, I ended up pulling out the SL+ and going with the Egnater EG3/4 for my gig...also put a TS9 in front of the M4 to kick on during solos for extra saturation and that worked out awesome.

I sent out my Egnater MHG for the Salvado De Luxe mods, so I'm anticipating that it will be my go-to module for all my tone when it returns.
I've always LOVED the Soldano tone and miss my Soldano head.

Ha! Those pics are still on my old bands website....
I found that when you roll up to a gig with this and you have an opening band before you, they get a bit intimidated...

cabs3.jpg

Latest posts