Axess GRX4?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3 Mile Stone

Reaction score
If you have one or have experience with them could you guys help me out. I bought it on eBay and it came with the old manual. Downloaded a new one and that helped a bunch. I pretty much have it working but for one thing. So far no matter how I set it I cant seem to get the fourth loop to function. I followed the instructions in the manual, Edit Loop Configuration mode and set it with all 4 LED off. This should make all 4 loops latched correct? Ned, I know you have one of these, does this sound right to you? Thanks everyone.

All 4 LEDs off is L4/3/2/1 latched per your thinking.

Are you trying to get L4 to turn on? If so when you program it is the L4 LED lighting when you select the patch with your foot controller? but the effect is not coming into the signal chain?

If the effect is not coming into the signal you have to run a jumper from the out A to the In B or put L4 into the FX loop by itself.

I ran mine with TS9 in L1, LTD Silver in L2 and the DD-3 in L3 then L4 was connected to the serial loop of my RM50 head with the Line6 MM-4 connected.

Hey Ned,

Okay so let me see if I have this. I 'll run an audio cable out from "Out A" into the in of "In B" and then the out of "Out B" into the front of the amp? That's great, I'll try that tomorrow morning ... not sure I get it or how that makes the loop work, but hey I trust you if it works I don't care why!

Thanks man.

L4 is not in the signal chain with the other 3 loops. So if you want L4 to be line with 1, 2 & 3 then you have to manually run a cable to do so.

This will work as long as when you select the program number the L4 LED comes on. If the L4 LED doesn't come on then you may need to send it back to Mario to get repaired.

I'm usually up pretty early so don't be afraid to call in the morning.

BTW- can't remember if we had the new bass player when you saw the band (male or female) but since changing bass players we have taken off. Bookings in May included Sherlock's SA and Carlos 'n Charlies on the lake.

Okay I think I got it. After sleeping on it my brain sorted it out. The In A and Out A have loops 1,2 & 3 in line. Loop 4 is for sending a signal from your effects loop to In B out loop 4 into effects processor back into return loop 4 and then using Out B to return to the amp. So to make it a 4 loop processor you have send the Out A to the In B to introduce the continous signal back into the second (B) loop. I'll try this after I get a shower, slept in a little late today.

Yep, when I saw you on 6th, you did have a male bass player, and he was quite good. I know where Sherlocks is in SA, that's down off 281. I might be able to make it down and see you again. What's the date for that show? Don't forget we'll be at the Tavern in Gruene in Feb. I'll get you a firm date soon. Thanks for the help, I hope my GRX4 works as you said. I don't want to send it off to Mario. I'll call if I need to, thanks big time for the help on this!

It works! This is one cool piece of gear, highly recomended. I just got my Tech 21 Midi Moose, the full size but very compact midi-controller too. My pedal board is going well. I have a lot more room on my board now, which is good for the GRX4. I still have two loops available. Hmmmm let's see ... I think one loop will get a Keeley Compressor and the other, maybe a Fulltone Ultimate Octave or a Austone Millineum Drive or a Durham Sex Drive, or maybe a cool chorus.

Very cool that you got the GRX4 working. My Puma Board (#44) should arrive next week - **** snow in CO is slowing down delivery- and I'll mount my GRX4 under the board.

You can also use L4 to switch channels on a Randall RM50 :)

Send me the dates for February. Right now we're playing 1,3 & 9 and possible the 18th.

Right on, that's cool that the Puma Board has that stealthy deck underneath. I know what you mean, my brother and his family got stuck on the interstate in the hotel shuttle bus for 8 hours yesterday in the storm trying to get out of Denver airport. Vacation gone bad.

Talk to you soon.

Sounds like you got your GRX4 issues sorted out... glad to hear it. :) It's a killer piece of gear. Used to use it for buffering & switching pedals in front of my MTS rig. Now I'm using it for amp & channel switching in a multi-amp rig.

--B