New V2 in the house!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter

Reaction score
So I went to my favorite Randall dealer today just to browse. They had a V2 hooked up to a 4x12, so I figured I'd give it a try.

OH MOMMY!

I probably shouldn't have, but I bought it on the spot (don't tell my wife :twisted: ). I was a tube snob, but no more.

Based on these clips from the Randall site, it seems like the SS has as bit more snarl and low-mid chunk and the tube is more transparent and fizzier, but a little mushier low end. I want a 2nd ear opinion. How do you compare them?

hi scooter

based on the 2 high gain clips i have to say i favour the 2nd without the eq much tighter less fizz more dirrect in your face rhytmn attack.so im kinda thinking how usefull is the eq on the v2 as maybe i should look at the t2 and use my mxr kfk eq through that .i dont need the extra channel but more interested in the overall tone anyways good clips thanks man.

wonder does the T2 sound more tube like warmer than the v2 cause that would make my decison easier?