Nuno module NBKING.....is this new?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I it was a prototype according to FunkyMunky. I am also wondering what it sounds like. Crazy me, I went to the randall site thinking thye would have a clip/video of the NB100 head to give me an idea... not so much. Maybe youtube has something?

I listened to the 2 vids Funk Munky had of the NB100 head. Overall it has a cool rodded Marshall sound. Comparing NB100 to a Plexi, I would say the NB has a Plexi flavor, with more gain, and voiced more in the Low mids than upper mids like the SL+ (800). I would say Plexi with balls maybe the best way to describe it. Maybe John could do a couple of quick vids, 1 for the Curve and another for the NBKING.

I was the lucky one to get the Nuno prototype from FunkyMunky and am very pleased with it, very different than any other marshall-ish modules in the MTS lineup - alot of low mids in this one and sounds killer with the overdrive (instead of gain knob) dimed.

Gonna share this bad boy with the community here somehow!

Who here is interested in getting one of these :)

Disciple said:
I was the lucky one to get the Nuno prototype from FunkyMunky and am very pleased with it, very different than any other marshall-ish modules in the MTS lineup - alot of low mids in this one and sounds killer with the overdrive (instead of gain knob) dimed.

Gonna share this bad boy with the community here through Rob to clone it, hoping to get it out shortly.

Who here is interested in getting one of these :)

I think it would be cool. How would you say it compares to the Silver Plate SL+?

I would love one! Nuno's awesome and I was in shock when I saw that Randall had made one, then sold it off. Pity the modders and/or forum don't own Randall, or atleast the MTS part, then maybe the Randall MTS brand would get recognition for what it's capable of. Maybe even some marketing. For me it was exciting when I discovered MTS. Best tones I've had.

Glad to see alot of interest in this module being rereleased.

Hope to get it out to him next week, needing to get a few donor modules for some other mods I'm getting from him to ship them at the same time.

Rod said:
Disciple, thanks for doing this!!...I'd be very interested in one of these

+1 .... Cool of you to share it back with the community... And Randall loses 10 or more potential sales to modders....Instead of following thru with this...

Thanks to Rob for cloning it for us...Sounds like a neat module...

RADE01 said:
I would love one! Nuno's awesome and I was in shock when I saw that Randall had made one, then sold it off. Pity the modders and/or forum don't own Randall, or atleast the MTS part, then maybe the Randall MTS brand would get recognition for what it's capable of. Maybe even some marketing. For me it was exciting when I discovered MTS. Best tones I've had.
I agree...I have the feeling that Randall will discontinue MTS....If that happens, I would seriously think about starting the MTS amp Co with liscensing from Bruce Egnater...Cool name huh?
The Modular Tube System Amp co. aka MTS

Rod said:
RADE01 said:
I agree...I have the feeling that Randall will discontinue MTS....If that happens, I would seriously think about starting the MTS amp Co with liscensing from Bruce Egnater...Cool name huh?

Could I please be considered for the board of directors? :D

Mattfig said:
Rod said:
RADE01 said:

No way, you'd be hogging all the mods (for at least a week anyway!) :)

Mattfig said:
Rod said:
RADE01 said:

Absolutely. And the amp business wouldn't be confined to one small group of owners. It could be more of an open concept where as say Rob, Scott and Pete..our American modders...could be the preamp and faceplate end of the business from where they live. Maybe someone else could be the cabinet maker for the combo and head shells. And then the amp builders

Rod said:
Mattfig said:
Rod said:
RADE01 said:

Absolutely. And the amp business wouldn't be confined to one small group of owners. It could be more of an open concept where as say Rob, Scott and Pete..our American modders...could be the preamp and faceplate end of the business from where they live. Maybe someone else could be the cabinet maker for the combo and head shells. And then the amp builders

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I talked to a local Randall dealer....now that Randall is under the umbrella of a large corporation, they just have a bigger interest in pushing the low end products like Line6, Marshall MG, etc.

I'm surprised Randall has lasted this long; after the merger/sale, it's clear MTS is not an area they aggressively fund.

Knowing this, I've considered selling it all- but the tones our people put out are AWESOME. Hopefully they continue their work, and maybe Bruce can work out a licensing deal to keep it alive?

crankyrayhanky said:
I've considered selling it all- but the tones our people put out are AWESOME. Hopefully they continue their work, and maybe Bruce can work out a licensing deal to keep it alive?

I've considered the same thing. But, as long as the stock modules are still produced, albeit not very good, I'll stick with them and continue building my own.

We'd have to look into whether there was any tooling to be had if we were to revive the MTS line in the wake of its closure by Randall.

If they kill the line, it'd be absolutely stupid. However, if members of the community are determined to keep the line alive, I'd definitely be interested in contributing to such an effort.