XTC and BlackFace Comments PLEASE

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motokev

Reaction score
I'm thinking XTC and BLACKFACE
i have:
PLEXI (LOVE)
S+
TWEED
TOP BOOST

Tell me, will the XTC be much different than the S+ or TOP BOOST ?

Also, does black face really sound like a TWIN ?

THANKS ! :lol:

Hi there,

If you love your Plexi, you will probably be pleased with the XTC, i prefer it over the SL+, nice long sustain and very good crunch depending how you set them, i'm even thinking about a second XTC, one for lead and the other for rhythm !!!

I find that they complement each other very well. Those are the 2 mods that i use most of the time.

For the Blackface it stays super clean unless you set the gain very high, much like a Twin.
This module is my prefered clean, but i have to say that i'm very pleased with the Plexi clean when the gain is set low.

Hope this helps ...

The XTC does many tones really well. A friend uses 2 one for low gain and 1 for high gain and his rig sounds really good.

You pretty much can't go wrong with the XTC. It will do that supper creamy lead sound too.

My modded Blackface sounds like a real twin, but has a bit more punch in the lower registers. As for the XTC, it's looser than the SL+, but has a GREAT lead tone. :twisted: