Which modules for the most versatile rig?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDA

Reaction score
So I've got an Egnater M4 on it's way to me, it's coming with Vox, SL, SL2, and MHG modules. I'm trying to figure out which modules would give me the most versatility. I'm thinking about ditching one of the SL modules and getting a DLX, so it would be DLX/VX/SL/MHG. Does the Modern High Gain module do the scooped mid thing as well as the E-Rect? It's not really my favorite, but in the interest of the "proper" tone, I would like to be able to reproduce it. What do you think the best selection of modules would be?

My main gig right now is a modern/classic rock cover band, everything from the Stones and Skynyrd to newer stuff like Disturbed and some newer metal. I'm going to grab a G-Major for effects, and my power amp right now is a Mesa 20/20. We're mic'd up through the PA in larger rooms anyway, so stage volume really isn't that much of an issue. I run through either a pair of 1x12 mesa cabs, or an EarCandy buzzbomb 2x12. My old rig was an RM100 with Blackface, XTC and Recto modules, I was happy with my tone, but the thing was just such a pain in the *** to carry around I decided to go back to a small rack.

I would think Blackface, VX, SL2, EG3/EG4 or MHG would work nicely.

If I were going back to the M4 I would go with Twin, VX, SL2 and either E'Rect or MHG. For what you're describing, I would say the E'Rect would be your best bet for the type of high gain you're talking about, but try the MHG out first since you have it and if you don't like it I'll most likely buy it off of you to add to my collection Jay! :D The MHG is more of a Soldano-type tone to my ear which might not be what you're looking for, but as always, YMMV.

Oh yeah btw, I've decided to keep my white EarCandy cab... my buddy is selling me back my Randall cab SO cheap I can afford to keep both now and I'll just have to re-arrange the furniture in the basement to make enough room to keep both cabs! :wink: :wink: Score one for me!!! 8) Can't wait to try out the E'Rect through the Randall RS125CX.... that 15" on the bottom half of the cab is going to be SWEEEEEEET! :twisted: