Onyx Guild at Red Room in Portland OR Fri April 22

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eedude

Reaction score
So i'll be take'n my Rm4 w/ Mesa Rectifier 2:100 out for some prog in NE Portland on April 22, 9PM. I think I have it down to two maybe three modules. The 1086 works really well with this mesa 2:100 for the articulate passages.. my tweaked Treadplate is my primary lead and heavy rhythm. I have a Grail in the mail... we'll see how that works out and if it makes it to the show.

How the music scene out there bro. Been tryin to expand lately, we're from Washington but don't know anyone out there. We play sweet 80's metal covers and kick *** remakes. Any money out there?

Murderball said:
Any money out there?

haa haaa haaa haaa haa.. any money, you crack me up....
okay more serious... well, we don't gig for money so we generally don't care. We are loosely coupled to the scene since we gig only a few time per year. We have settle on the Red Room as being our venue of choice due to it's small size, a cool sound guy, and yes we can even take home forty bucks and get a few colds ones.

I can only give you my experience, so take this FWIW.
I grew up in LA during the 80's and the music scene was awesome. Here in Portland, 2011 it's like crickets... the music scene is really weak... no really stand out bands that I'm aware of. Every show we have ever done we have had to supply the audience. We have played to empty houses several times (lots of fun). So most of the shows we have played we got squat because we did not have the draw to get paid.

Ah thats crappy to hear dude, seems to be the general idea in the NW, cept Seattle,6 hour drive for me so its a little out there. Spokane is the same way, just a crap music scene. Tri Cities is bumpin though, looks like that'll be it. Thanks for the info man, you never know the scene may pickup and we'll see you over there haha!