Muddrock Sl+ mod quest

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtr31

Reaction score
I noticed that you did the cap mod on the sl+ and also the Mid mod changing the Plexi tone stack to the 800.
What did that do in terms of the tone is it thicker and punchier now overall how does it compare with the XTC or and Eg SL2

The mid mod makes the mids more pronounced when they are adjusted up, say starting at 3 on the knob. Adds punch to sound.The mids cut alot better and really fill out the overall tone, which I thought it was lacking in stock form. If you turn down the mids below 2-3 you still get the same mid-cut effect as on the stock module if you want that kind of sound. I combined this with the cap mod to get rid of the woofiness on the low end and I now really dig this module. It now has a fluid tone to it when gain is up and still sounds like an old 800 when the gain is 1/2 or so. I went with .022 cap for the cap mod.

Still sounds like a marshall. The XTC has a completely different tone stack so the modded SL+ doesn't sound exactly like it but it has a similar feel to it IMO. Haven't had a EG2 around to compare with so I can't say on that one.