Scott Ian RM100SI and 3 Modules!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scary groove

Reaction score
Randall made an announcement about the new Scott Ian gear on their Facebook page. I don't have a place to host pics so I am not sure how to post them. Maybe someone could do that. The head looks cool. The pic was too small to get the names of the modules. Hopefully it will be here sooner than some of the other things many have been waiting for.

ianrandall.jpg

With all of the "Randall doesn't care about the MTS line" threads, I'm quite shocked this has gone without comment for 4 hours.

I think it's cool they're doing something. I'm not a huge fan of the design, but I am interested in those three new tones (assuming they're new and not relabeled).

Yeah...Not what I would pick as far as design but I wouldn't expect much more "evil cliche'" than from a Scott Ian endorsed product...haha...

Having said that, what are the modules? I'd be VERY curious to hear them...

I'm not sure of the tones. Also, those may end up being the only one of those three modules, i.e. ULTRAcurve and NBKing. :?

HOLY FEK!

That looks pretty **** awesome.
I love it that they went all out on it :D
Not just a "Scott Ian" somewhere in a corner.

Can't wait for some tones of these bad boys!

This is good news on several levels!
I remember Scott Ian having some of the heaviest sounding Marshall tones back in the day.
Could the Mash-all have some new rivals???

when will this be out? i cant wait if it get close to the ,among the living, speak english tone it will be killer.

Better than the new Lynchbox design. Although in my opinion get rid of the suedo pentagram kind of thing. Eliminate the star and that looks bad ***. It will be cool to hear the tones eminating from those mods.

Well... the Lynch and Hammett modules were great additions to the line (can't get enough of the GTO), so I'm really curious about these.

I absolutely love it! If I ever have the need for a full powered head again this would totally be it just BECAUSE of the pentagram thing. Though that plate on a lynchbox would look pretty sweet.

I'm super excited to hear the new modules too. There isn't much more I want tone wise besides some tweaking what I got and maybe an Angel. However these are promising for my GAS. Ian has always had good sounds to my ears.

Can't wait to hear some more info and clips. But I'll never play anything with a pentagram on it.

crankyrayhanky said:
The pic was too small to get the names of the modules.
could be: Malcolm, 1987, and The Nuts
Rumored to have DFriedman involved....looks promising

Yep. These are the names. You can see descriptions of the mods here.

http://www.beyondeleven.com/Randall-Scott-Ian-Signature-Series-s/371.htm

gtrlw said:

In stock?

I am Legion said:
This is good news on several levels!
I remember Scott Ian having some of the heaviest sounding Marshall tones back in the day.
Could the Mash-all have some new rivals???

No.... :)

And I saw "In Stock" too drewiv...I don't want to get my hopes up on the modules...But I'm excited to hear reviews...Won't buy 'em at the moment...The stockers have a bad track record in my book although these modules sound like they could break that cycle...

Mattfig said:
And I saw "In Stock" too drewiv...I don't want to get my hopes up on the modules...But I'm excited to hear reviews...Won't buy 'em at the moment...The stockers have a bad track record in my book although these modules sound like they could break that cycle...

My stock modules sit in a Rubbermaid container in my gear storage room, that includes the highly praised GTO module. I guess it's just the collector (hoarder?) in me that I can't get rid of them. I don't think anything (stock) will move the Mash-all or Salvado from my rig. Nor do I believe a stock module, without all the TLC the modders put into their work, will ever come close. All my opinions, everyone is free to have their own, maybe I'm a tone snob. At least I drink Miller Lite and Maxwell House coffee. :lol:

Randall's marketing practices vis-a-vis MTS continue to mystify. The disparity between the product line's potential and the enthusiasm with which it's promoted is mind boggling.

drewiv said:
gtrlw said:

In stock?

No pics. I remmeber they also had the GTO listed way early (3 or 4 months) before anyone saw 1. So I'm calling BS. It is probably "In Stock" at Randall & they will have it delivered direct from them, which is a crap shoot at best, from my experience and some others that have told me of their similar experience.

Until Scott or John (Squid or FunkyMunky) post they have some in store, they are still a pipe dream.