Has George Lynch dumped the MTS line?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zander

Reaction score
I think this says it all:

lb103-head-xlg.jpg

Ironically, the controls seem to show what look like 3 MTS modules hardwired in: they appear to read "Super V", "Judge", and "Unholy Grail"

Yeah Ive seen that head. I think Randall just
wanted to offer a head that was just his. Just
like Nuno has his own instead of just a module.

Mattfig said:
I don't get it...Not MTS anymore...Hardwired modules make about as much sense as a parachute on a submarine....

The parachute analogy makes more sense to me than no MTS.
although by most accounts he isn't using the LB103 head either.

Zander you are correct in that it appears the LB103 is a hardwired version of the MTS head with the Super V, Judge, & Grail modules installed.

Yeah, and it raises some things into question...An informed consumer would never buy a hardwired amp when he/she could buy the same thing with interchangeable parts...Kinda seems Randall doesn't want the typical consumer familiar with MTS...Like it's a development ground or something....I personally couldn't give a poop either way...I'm informed and in love with MTS...

Hamner1 said:
So he's still using an old Plexi SuperLead despite the fact that now 2 signature amps have been made for him? If I were an amp maker and Lynch came knocking, I think after seeing this, I'd question the wisdom of going to the trouble of making him a signature amp.

Zander said:
Hamner1 said:
So he's still using an old Plexi SuperLead despite the fact that now 2 signature amps have been made for him? If I were an amp maker and Lynch came knocking, I think after seeing this, I'd question the wisdom of going to the trouble of making him a signature amp.
Im sure Randall had this in the works before the sale. Im sure Lynch is still just as happy to use his vintage stuff anytime as well. You can believe he probably isnt getting much coin on promoting them right now either. I can understand how a player of his stature is able to like something enough to put his name on stuff but the will to play whatever the heck he wants. I raise a drink to that! Brew me!!! :lol:

Lynch is now, and always has been, a gear ***** and tone junkie. I saw him in a small bar with Souls of We last year and he had a Marsha, Plexi, Sullivan, and something else that I can't remember on stage with his cabs facing backwards. Stage volume issue I believe.
Sounded great and his Cusack Screamer was on all the time

I saw him again with Lynch Mob opening for MSG and he had a Lynch Box, Herbert, Sullivan, Marsha, Plexi, and maybe one other on stage with lots of cabs. Same pedal board.

I wish he would chase tone less now days and simply play more.

The LB103 modes sound a touch different than the modules but it's not night and day...

I'm still thinking about grabbing one just for fun.....would love the cab too, Zander has my old one but I'd take a new or old one to match...they sound deeper/fuller than regular 4x12 and the SuperV has a really great tight crunchiness to the tone

FWIW: Actually heard the 103 on his recent tour....both in souncdcheck and the gig.

He had his pedalboard into some Tan amp and the LB on stage.....unfortunately by the time the gig came around my ears were shot due to lack of earplugs ... Bad :-(

It sounded monstrous in the soundcheck....I actually hope they sell more of the 103 and it draws attention to the MTS line in general....when you google for Lynch Box at least the old stuff still comes up

JKD said:
I'm still thinking about grabbing one just for fun.....would love the cab too, Zander has my old one but I'd take a new or old one to match...they sound deeper/fuller than regular 4x12 and the SuperV has a really great tight crunchiness to the tone.
Hahaha. How badly do you want the cab back? :D

The wife and I had an unexpected addition to the family and I've not been able to play as I'd like.

Mind you, I'm not in any hurry to give it up... :wink:

Zander said:
JKD said:
I'm still thinking about grabbing one just for fun.....would love the cab too, Zander has my old one but I'd take a new or old one to match...they sound deeper/fuller than regular 4x12 and the SuperV has a really great tight crunchiness to the tone.
Hahaha. How badly do you want the cab back? :D

Heh, bet it sounds wonderful now it's all broken in. Did you ever get it drawn up?

No I didn't. With the missus deciding we were going to have a baby my efforts (and there were many of them) were derailed and/or deferred. I might get it done in the next year.

I did put some time into taking it all apart but couldn't get the front grill off and didn't feel like forcing it. I'd really like to see about rearranging to make the speakers front-loaded and then doing those foam-donut beam diffusers.

Randall appears to be offering BOTH the hardwired head AND the MTS 100 and 50 watt MTS LB heads. The all appear on the same signature artists page:

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/Amplifiers/Signature-Amps/

Mattfig said:
Ultron said:
wouldn't it be awesome if some Randall folks dropped in to comment on this and other MTS issues? :roll:

Yes while riding unicorns over rainbows...

Maybe they're too busy eatin' jerky and messin' with sasquatch

You mean eatin poutine and watchin hockey.... lol

Ironically, I contacted a dealer in Alberta, and they can't get any MTS stuff in because the company that bought Randall needs CSA certification to even warehouse the stuff...

Thank God for Funky Monkey!

Caine said:
Randall appears to be offering BOTH the hardwired head AND the MTS 100 and 50 watt MTS LB heads. The all appear on the same signature artists page:

I'm looking at the LB103 on there and deciding I don't like how it looks: like it's wearing a bow-tie.

Of course that doesn't say much as I took the "Randall Lynchbox" skull logo thing off my RM100LB and replaced it with a gold 1st-gen simple "Randall" logo. I think it looks so much better...

Zander said:
Caine said:

I'm looking at the LB103 on there and deciding I don't like how it looks: like it's wearing a bow-tie.

Of course that doesn't say much as I took the "Randall Lynchbox" skull logo thing off my RM100LB and replaced it with a gold 1st-gen simple "Randall" logo. I think it looks so much better...

I'm redoing my lynchbox (putting on a metal grill) and would like a regular Randall logo for it, but I have to wait for the Randall Accessory Store to open.

longest. lunchbreak. ever.

Ultron said:
I'm redoing my lynchbox (putting on a metal grill) and would like a regular Randall logo for it, but I have to wait for the Randall Accessory Store to open.

longest. lunchbreak. ever.

I just sold a boat load of Randall logos a few months ago. I replaced my lynchbox skull logo with a gold "Randall" logo--the one the very first lynchboxes came with (bought it, unused, on eBay about 2 years ago).

The gold foil Gus G logo might look really cool with your metal grill. I was going to put one on my lynchbox before I stumbled upon that other "original" lynchbox logo on eBay. I actually bought a Gus G "Randall" logo by calling customer service but have since re-sold it.