MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clips of my T2! Random 5 min bedroom riffing :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wookieslayer
RM50

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Clips of my T2! Random 5 min bedroom riffing :) Reply with quote

Hi guys! Been lurking this forum since probably last summer when I was amp shopping. You can say I've amassed quite a small collection... I started with a Randall Titan from GC (which is badass), picked up an RH200 for chips, then split a purchase on a Randall V2+matching XLT400 cab with a buddy of mine, and finally got a T2 for myself! (oh and found a Peavey XXX in Feb Laughing )

Anyway, not the best sound quality video with my webcam but I thought I'd share my lazy Sunday afternoon riffings from last week Mr. Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E38QyIFxjE

God I want to jam with this baby so bad paired with the V2 I share with my bandmates... Evil or Very Mad

When I get the chance I'll add some proper pictures of my rig and axes and some proper clips! Gonna record the preamp direct and mess with cabinet impulses as soon as I can get my act together! Wink

Few questions,
Any recommendations for tube brand swaps in the pres or the hybrid power section? Should I stick with JJ's?
Also anyone know where to find a replacement back cover for my T2? Didn't have one when I bought it used; I thought about making a steel grill instead...

Thanks guys! \m/
Tech 21 Midi Mouse
RS412XLT100
Schecter Omen 6 w/ Crunch Lab
BC Rich Jr V Icon
rbailey1010
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every answer is very subjective but Doug from Dougstubes.com made a recommendation for me a while back and I never looked back since then

Penta 12AT7 for the power section buffer

Ruby 12AX7AC5 HG+ for the V1 and Penta 12AX7 for the remaining two

Quiets the hiss and gets some good nice clean gain tones.
Wookieslayer
RM50

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting interesting! I was originally going to go all JJ's with Eurotubes but I'm down to try those as well. How do they affect the gain channel? Thanks!
Tech 21 Midi Mouse
RS412XLT100
Schecter Omen 6 w/ Crunch Lab
BC Rich Jr V Icon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> T2/V2 Amp Series All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: