Lead Tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
What module do ya'll recommend for lead tone? I have a RM100M head and currently run an XTC and a Recto module. Recto works great for that tight rythm tone but I was thinking about checking out an SL+ for the leads. I don't really like the XTC module all that much and am thinking about selling it. I play metal and am looking for a sustaining screaming type lead tone. Also, I need a good clean module as well? Was thinking about the Clean module with some chorus added. Also hear the Blackface is nice for cleans too and have heard that some people use the Plexi for clean with the guitar volume rolled off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The 1086 huh? I have heard many people say that it is the best module so far. I wish I could play one and mess around with it a bit. As for the XTC module, I just posted a thread in the classified section if your interested. If I can't sell it here then I will put it on the bay. Thanks!!

You could do what I'm doing and wait forl the UltraXL to come out. I've never herd one but they say that its a killer high gain module. I think someone posted in another topic that they demo'ed it at the last NAMM show and got Dimebag type toes out of it.