Updated JF Brahma and JF Mr Scary modules are back

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
Background: I have a JF Brahma modded in 5/09 and a JF Mr. Scary modded in 11/09. I really liked them both and they have been my go to modules since the end of 2009. The Brahma has a gain boost and the Scary has a mid cut. I contacted Rob because I read that there have been some updates that make them move lively and even though I loved both modules, I sent them off.

Both came back with what looked like almost all new wiring very neatly done. The Brahma had it's tone stack altered a bit and the Scary had the same with a gain boost added to the bright switch. Both are warmer, have more harmonics, and more range on the knobs than they did before. They may never leave my RM100 again.

I will post more as I spend some time with them. Also, I am interested in seeing if they change at all as some of the new components burn in. They sound great as is and improved compared to what they where and I didn't think that they needed improving but the changes are nice.

I will post some clips when I get some time. I need to figure how to make them sound decent since I am a recording noob.

I just spent some more time with the modules at gig/rehearsal volume and all I can say is WOW!

I put on some standard jamming material for me and the tone I used to get was great but now, simply incredible. The Brahma and Scary are not leaving my RM100 anytime soon. My stock SL+ and KH1 will get some downtime while I rock the Brahma, Scary, and SG Fisch.

If you have an older modded JF Brahma or Scary (2009) I suggest sending them in for the updates. Much cheaper than I thought to have them done but well worth the cost IMHO. Clips to come next week.

I will try to keep the camera in the same spot as the original clips for an honest comparison. FWIW, I am not a big fan of the clips I made a few months ago but I am not much of a tweaker. I set the camera up and go.

Jaded Faith said:
Glad to hear you are pleased and found it to be money well spent! I thought they both came out excellent as well.

Yes I am pleased! The gain switch on the Scary added a real nice mid gain tone to the module and the Brahma just sits perfectly in the Marshall tone range for me.