Can Anyone tell me Who's mod work this is??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd search on the forum to see if you could find it...hard to tell, could be a sticker or a plexi faceplate on the front.

The work looks like an early Gigmods but could easily be a self-mod or someone copying a mod without verifying it directly:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6433

I've seen that nick on eBay before...might've even bought something from him...would bet they are on here.

Think it is a gigmods..It was listed on here...Alboz is a forum member..had some stuff in the classified recently.....Though he does do his own mods....Had a Soldano he made and tried to sell me..Ths pics looked very good..he was supposed to send me clips and never did and I bought a SLodano....

alowerdeep said:
Think it is a gigmods..It was listed on here...Alboz is a forum member..had some stuff in the classified recently.....Though he does do his own mods....Had a Soldano he made and tried to sell me..Ths pics looked very good..he was supposed to send me clips and never did and I bought a SLodano....

i message him he sed he bought it from someone on here and didn't remember the members name

Not my work as far as I can tell. Faceplate is wrong - I never did a mark IV plate - and I can't see the board but since I never did a mark series without a faceplate change I'd say it was not my work. Somebody probably copied some of the parts I changed without realizing why I did it or accounting for other tolerances in the module. Buyer beware.

The e-bay ad says it is an Ultra Lead with modifications to make it more like a Boogie. Does not claim to be a GigMods Mark or a Marcus or a Mark X. Sounds like the owner did the work.

KillTone said:
The e-bay ad says it is an Ultra Lead with modifications to make it more like a Boogie. Does not claim to be a GigMods Mark or a Marcus or a Mark X. Sounds like the owner did the work.

Messaged him again he sed he bought it from someone on here and he doesn't know who did the mods

I recently bought a modded XTC module from the same eBay seller, alboz28. The module was essentially a silver face-plate XTC with a single mod - capacitor C1 was changed from .0022?F to .0015?F for tighter bass.

The "custom" face plate was simply a self-adhesive sticker and the "custom" red knobs are slightly too large so they interfere with each other.

However, the module works just fine and I got it for a decent price. I used the Grailmods PM system to ask alboz28 what settings he used with this module. He's read my PM but he never replied.

It's not mine either. I would guess it is a self-modded Ultra Lead with some Orange Drops in there for a modest upgrade. It doesn't look like much else was done to it from the pics.