Salvation Duoplex module - soundclip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvation

Reaction score
New addition to Salvation Mods.

DUOPLEX module
based on Marshall 1959 Plexi amp.

Why DUO plex?
This module uses new and unique option of BLEND two channels together.
It works in the same way like the old trick used often on Plexi amps - with two channels "bridged" together by short cable.
_vyrd11_631Marshall-1959SLP---propojeni.jpg

Module is equipped with separate Gain controls for High Treble (equipped with Bright switch) and Normal flat - bassier sounding channel.
So, you can play on Bright channel, or Normal channel, or blend them together. In this way you can dial bright plexi tone and add some bottom from Normal channel, or vice versa. Using this technique, you?ll be able to take advantage of using both of the Duoplex?s channels at the same time.

- In addition it uses STACKED mode, which switches these two channels in SERIES. In this mode it works like famous "one wire mod" used for example on Randy Rhoads signature 1959.
In STACKED mode both Gain controls are active in series and it offers variety of tones from staurated crunch to nice fat and juicy higain tone.

- Added VOICING option already used on Mash-All module, with JTM/JCM voicing options.

Clip:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11115425
some pics:
Duoplex_1_.jpg

Duoplex_2_.jpg

The description really cool. I can't wait to actually hear it.

Cool.
Stuff like this makes me wonder why anyone would go the traditional amp route anymore. MTS :twisted: 8)

Hamner1 said:
Cool.
Stuff like this makes me wonder why anyone would go the traditional amp route anymore. MTS :twisted: 8)

Since I've come to the modular side I haven't looked at another amp except out of curiosity, never with gas. Our modders keep putting out such awesome work, there is really no point. I fear that if the general public were to take notice they wouldn't have time to live, let alone come up with more. They can hardly keep up as is some times.

sepherus said:
Hamner1 said:
Cool.

Since I've come to the modular side I haven't looked at another amp except out of curiosity, never with gas. Our modders keep putting out such awesome work, there is really no point. I fear that if the general public were to take notice they wouldn't have time to live, let alone come up with more. They can hardly keep up as is some times.
+1 :D

BigBrewtus said:
sepherus said:
Hamner1 said:
Cool.

+1 :D
+11 :D

And the great thing is.. a (modded) module costs a fraction of an amp, and you'll still have all your "other amps".
We should set up a church for mr. Egnater haha

This one turned out great, very interested in the sound.
Funny thing is: I had this idea of parallel channels, and at the same time Anthony told me of the Duoplex haha.

And Fig: sorry man .. you don't even want to know what's in the works haha

I give a big amen on the Church of Egnater!
This module line is the greatest! All of the modders
need to be working for Egnater or Randall and
pump these modules out!

First Duoplex clip.

played by my friend who plays in Jimi Hendrix Revival Band.
Normally he uses Marshall 1959 head.
He was excited how close the module is.

It is not typical Salvation soundclip, my friend just wanted to do it by his way - as tribute to Duoplex Module (he loan it and my RM50 head for some recordings and shows). So, Thanks to Radim and his Strat.

salvation said:
First Duoplex clip.

played by my friend who plays in Jimi Hendrix Revival Band.
Normally he uses Marshall 1959 head.
He was excited how close the module is.

It is not typical Salvation sound clip, my friend just wanted to do it by his way - as tribute to Duoplex Module (he loan it and my RM50 head for some recordings and shows). So, Thanks to Radim and his Strat.

****...Why can't it just sound like ****? This is getting ridiculous....Why don't you find another hobby such as drinking and/or hookers and leave us poor MTS'ers alone to recoup our expenses for a bit...

There really need to be modded module showrooms around the country....Even if it's just a small group of assclowns like myself...

I'd just need Anthony, Friedman, Rob, Scott, Trace, and Pete to send me their complete series of modules so I can properly display them... 8)

Another fantastic module Anthony, sounds amazing!

@Matt - someday they'll hit the limit on amps cause they'll emulate them all sometime but that's a LONG ways away so alot more $ to spend :p

Looks awesome and sounds really great for the 60s dirt tones, too.

Now a second clip showing the bandwidth from clean Plexi to all out stacked JCM goodness would be great!

Yeah I'd really like to hear the gainier side of it.... (is high gain possible in stacked mode? :wink: )

hunter said:
Now a second clip showing the bandwidth from clean Plexi to all out stacked JCM goodness would be great!

I would settle for a clip that doesn't make me keep pausing it to check if a pop-up ad is playing sound in another browser window. :D