Introducing myself

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just traded away my beloved 5150 II for an RM100. Joined up to learn more about them, and get some help getting it set up. Also want to look into getting some modules to load in to it. I see a few nice ones for sale here. Can't wait to crank it up!

Hey Groff. If I'm right you're the guy that's right by me in Galloway. We talked on SSO once before. ;)

I was really big into these amp for a long time and even had my own mod. http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=10734&highlight=

Good luck with these amps as you WILL get addicted to these modules and mods. :lol:

I think you made a smart move on the trade. Welcome to the module world of Randall. There is a ton of stuff to choose from. I was drawn to this line because of that. Much more affordable to pick and choose and flip a module than a whole amp. Have a great time. I know I have so far.
Did you get any modules with your amp?

kylendm said:
Hey Groff. If I'm right you're the guy that's right by me in Galloway. We talked on SSO once before. ;)

I was really big into these amp for a long time and even had my own mod. http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=10734&highlight=

Good luck with these amps as you WILL get addicted to these modules and mods. :lol:

Yes, I remember your name :D I dated your cousin for a while.

BigBrewtus said:
I think you made a smart move on the trade. Welcome to the module world of Randall. There is a ton of stuff to choose from. I was drawn to this line because of that. Much more affordable to pick and choose and flip a module than a whole amp. Have a great time. I know I have so far.
Did you get any modules with your amp?

No modules. I wanna nab that XTC that's up in the classifieds at the moment, because I just love the tone that comes out of them. And then from there I want a really good clean, and probably a stock SL+ to play with later

Welcome to the board.

FYI,
We are all part addiction counselors, but more so the instigators of the addiction. :lol:

SL+ with 800 mod is a great module to have. The Mr Scary module is pretty darn good to for that SLO type tone. Besides what's in my sig I have also gone through a KH1, Clean, Tweed, Plexi, & 1086. Somehow I don't think I am done getting modules. Another RM4 would be nice as well. :)

Also if you ever miss your 5150 you can always pickup the Salvation S1S0.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12994

:)

Welcome Groff! Buckle up, it's gonna be fun! You have just made the best decision of your tone-life...MTS is the greatest and you'll soon find the possibilities are virtually endless...

You have obtained your MTS gear in the perfect "buyer's market." There's so many modules in the classifieds selling for crazy prices...There was a time not too long ago that people (myself included) were dying to get our hands on some of the modules that have been popping up in the classifieds regularly and for awesome prices...

Welcome aboard....

Mattfig said:
You have obtained your MTS gear in the perfect "buyer's market." There's so many modules in the classifieds selling for crazy prices...There was a time not too long ago that people (myself included) were dying to get our hands on some of the modules that have been popping up in the classifieds regularly and for awesome prices...

:shock: Even 3-4 months ago a modded module could't be found very often for under $350. Lately I don't think I've seen one go for more than $350.

Hamner1 said:
Mattfig said:

:shock: Even 3-4 months ago a modded module could't be found very often for under $350. Lately I don't think I've seen one go for more than $350.
This is true! Now is the time to buy and try! Unreal prices :!: :shock:

Yep, yep....I was amazed to pick up a Salvation Dead Plate II (w/mid sweep) for well under 300/shipped....Crazy...I figure if I don't like it, it's great trade bait...But something tells me I will dig it... 8)

kylendm said:
Definitely pickup that JF XTC. It's a great price and sounds 100x better than the stock one.

Yeah, after hearing clips, it's pretty much the tone i'm after. And the mods sure won't hurt it at all :lol:

I also want to get the KH-1 for cleans. I looked at the blackface, but I like how hard you can hit the KH-1 before it even thinks of breaking up. I pick like a jackhammer so it's needed.

The standard clean module is pretty good as well. I feel the KH-1 has more of a flavor though while the clean is pretty standard.

And yes, Christy has told me. :lol:

Yeah, the standard clean is nice, but I like the little bit extra the KH-1 has. And i'm sure it'll sound fantastic with my Lexicon running some chorus through it.

Groff said:
kylendm said:
Definitely pickup that JF XTC. It's a great price and sounds 100x better than the stock one.

Yeah, after hearing clips, it's pretty much the tone i'm after. And the mods sure won't hurt it at all :lol:

I also want to get the KH-1 for cleans. I looked at the blackface, but I like how hard you can hit the KH-1 before it even thinks of breaking up. I pick like a jackhammer so it's needed.

Active pickups will still cause a KH-1 to breakup big. Roll back the volume knob on the guitar and use a compressor with it.

Groff said:
Hey guys! Just traded away my beloved 5150 II for an RM100. Joined up to learn more about them, and get some help getting it set up. Also want to look into getting some modules to load in to it. I see a few nice ones for sale here. Can't wait to crank it up!

Welcome, sir...enjoy your new tone addiction!

Very cool place with lots of knowledgable folks :wink: