Still loving my Judge

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
Moved house recently & took my time getting the Judge back into my RM100. Put it back in after about 4 weeks, fired it up and it blew me away, again. So warm & tight, great Marshall mids and beautiful pinch harmonics even though it's not really a high gainer. Haven't seen much talk about it lately and just want to thank Randall for actually producing this fine module.

Still digging mine as well. It has that Marshall vibe similar to the SL+, but it isn't as saturated (or as thick). I'm still messing with the controls, unless going to extremes with the EQ or backing the Gain to under 12 o'clock I haven't been able to get a "bad" tone out of it.

like it was posted elsewhere..I wish they were available....lots of talk from Randall..but where are they available?

I guess I was lucky, I bought one of the 1st of them from Funky Munky (I think it was them, can't really remember). You'd think they'd make more than a handful, right? Randall? Maybe for them it's not all about making money.

Yup, I'm glad I got one too... at first I didn't see what the fuss was about. The more I played, the more I kept playing it.. I love it. I prefer it to the SL+ because to my ears, it is a lot more organic and less modern sounding. SL+ does that great modern hot marshall feel but the Judge has more of that classic hot plexi tone to my ears. I haven't even really looked at the values used in it but I bet they aren't that far off the Brahma. It has a bit of a softer top end than the Brahma though.

Sounds quite different to the Brahma to my ears, so whatever changes there are make a big difference.

I am new the mts stuff and it seems like the Lynch modules all get well reviewed on here and the judge sounds killer in the clips I have heard. Will they be more readily available soon?

RADE01 said:
Sounds quite different to the Brahma to my ears, so whatever changes there are make a big difference.

Agreed. They are very different in saturation, & gain. Mode 1 EQ is similar but not exact, where as mode 2 is definately different than the Brahma. Not to mention the Brahma will do a clean tone, the GTO not a chance (at least not a good clean tone).