Soon to be MTS afficionado saying "hi"

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Hi!

I've been around a few guitar forums, BareKnuckle, Hugeracks, Rigtalk. Been a Bogner Snob so far, but now I am without a band, so for my bedroom playing I ordered an RM22 / Judge / Malcolm. Soon to be part of this exclusive, exquisite club. Expect clips and loads of module GAS from my side in the near future 8)

Happy to be here!

Chris

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Welcome!
Great help here from great people. Enjoy. I know
I do! 8) :lol:
So...............Wanna buy some knobs?! :lol:
Sorry, had to throw that out there. Take care.

BigBrewtus said:
So...............Wanna buy some knobs?! :lol:
Sorry, had to throw that out there. Take care.

Yeah right, maybe I'll wait for my amp first, then see if I need any :D

felineguitars said:
Hey Hunter - great to see you here as well!

Hope you have some fun with your new MTS stuff.

Hey Jonathan, ah I knew there was someone in my circle who was into Bruce/MTS stuff. Let's hope I like it when I get it, we will see we will see.

Last time I tried an RM100 with some stock modules and only liked the Plexi, was like 5 years ago, but I have high hopes for the RM22 and the Judge/Malcolm I got on order. Let's hope me bouteeek snob will be fine ;)

Hey Hunter,

I've followed you and some of your comments and amp moves on other forums.

I know you moved away from the Axe Fx and FRFR - I'd be really interested in your reasons why you are moving to MTS modules.

MontyW said:
Hey Hunter,

I've followed you and some of your comments and amp moves on other forums.

I know you moved away from the Axe Fx and FRFR - I'd be really interested in your reasons why you are moving to MTS modules.

Hi Monty,

in a nutshell:

Moved away from Axe because I couldn't get it to feel like an amp in the room. Too much tweaking also, not enough playing.

Moved most my large amps out because they either did not 100% meet my tone expectations, or were just too hard to handle (weight, volume, complicated, ...).

Moved to MTS/RM22 because of the clips of the Judge module made me GAS like hell, and because the RM22 is a nice neat gigging package with plenty flexibility in a light weight package, and tonally it's not at all a compromise.

I still own a Cornford Mk50H because it's just got such an amazing kick *** lead tone and I just can't kiss it good-bye yet.

Also still got a rack and midi switching gear incl. a GrooveTubes Trio Preamp as well as a Korg DL8000R and some stuff.

But at the moment I will run the RM22 with Malcolm/GTO into either the ported 2x12 with a V30 and a 12H30 or into my Marshall Greyback straight cab from 1973. I have a small board with a Wah, a Delay, a boost, a buffer and a Phaser. That's all I need for the Top 40 cover band - gives me plenty flexibility.

Hunter - thanks for the reply.

I remember you had a Cornford - beautiful amp!

I get exactly what you are say about the Axe - far too much tweaking with the software for me too.

I just wish I could lay my hands on a couple of RM22 :D and the tone from the Judge is is beautiful.

Enjoy your rig!