Recto Higain

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anomaly

Reaction score
Total Newbie here.. Which modules could nail the Recto tone? Modern Higain and Vintage Higain..

I'm planning on getting the RM22 or RM50? Which Amp head would be perfect?

Anomaly said:
Total Newbie here.. Which modules could nail the Recto tone? Modern Higain and Vintage Higain..

A fully loaded Erect mod is my preference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4c_UN_mFEA

PM for details if you are interested in one.

For the amp, it's a matter of your playing situation and how loud the band is if there is one. To get over a drummer, I would go with the RM50.

I would say that JF does a fantastic job on his work. I have only
had a Rectified module and in my experience it does do a modern
sound pretty well but doesnt have enough fizz in the sound for
more vintage flavor.

Anomaly said:

I highly suggest my Diablo mod. Its got the thick, gainy, Recto grind that's been sought after for so long.

Multiple options are available, ala carte, including both, red and orange channels faithfully recreated. The Diablo can cover Early dual rector to the later dual/triple rectos.

Pm me for more details and pricing.
Thanks!

And I recommend the one and only Salvation Mods Dreadplate!

The third incarnation of the Recto style mod by Anthony, tweaked and honed to perfection with input from players around the world!

Features:
- 3 position tight switch
- KICK switch (acts like a tubescreamer in front of the amp for that extra tighness and gain)
- Noise gate
- Orange / Red channels!

Of course Salvation Mods can do endless custom features like sweepable mids, custom voicings like an SLO / Recto switch and much more. ;)

RM22 will give you some extra versatility with the boosts.
But like Rob (Jaded Faith) said: with a powerful drummer you'll need that 50 watts.
So it depends on your style and band.