Just got the scott ian mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Further Lo

Reaction score
Just got the 1987 and nuts mods today .
So far they are killer,they are what they say they are the 87 nails the among the living, sod tones, it is not over the top gain or low end. It sounds like a great marshall should.

The nuts is like the 1987 with alot more gain and alot smoother on the top end. They are both super quiet as far as noise goes. i think scott and dave friedman hit a home run on these.

Thanks to larry and funky monkey music, they have been great thru all of this. it is a shame us musics customer service sucks. Randall needs to step up run with the mts gear, it is great when you finally get it.

Clips comeing soon

Hey
what other hi gain mods do you have experience with for comparison? I'm about to go Nuts!

New modules are like the new Nike Jordans of today! :lol: This stuff is great. Long live modules!!! Come on Egnater!!! Get this ball rolling!

i have the hammet and lynch mods as well as a voodoo sear mooded recto,slp xtc, and 2 ultra xls. So far man these are killer, i think i like the 1987 alittle more it is more open sounding not as much gain or as compressed as the nuts. cant wait to try them with the band tommrow

Yes, that's a solid baseline to measure against....look forward to more of your thoughts as it seems your the only one that has Ian mods at the moment

don't forget to record some clips of the tones!! What is the Malcom like? A rebranded Brahma??

At this rate we will be waiting 8 months before Randall has a demo of any type up on their site... oh wait, maybe just a picture of the module.

So nobody can find sound clips either? I've been searching for a bit and have found *****....I'm frustrated because an amp company releasing amps and no sound clips makes as much sense as bowling with a q-tip....Randall, send me the mods and I'll make you clips...Really, with Scott Ian and all- no video? Unless I'm just missing it and this stuff is out there...If so, I retract me previous statements...:)

I will not trust Randall's word on stock modules as they've been misleading in the past...Even with Friedman aboard I'm hesitant...

Can't wait for clips...

Haven't found any clips either - a guy on here said he got them but then nothing eps has been posted by him so either he's super busy or he's a plant by Randall :p

At this point it'll be cool to hear clips but if it's between a stock mod even if it's a signature one I'd rather put my $ toward a modded one you know?

They just sent me an email saying they are going to put up a YouTube video today. It looks like these all have to be special ordered and they have to be made then sent to them. They have 1 of each left in stock. Further making me think the MTS line is dead for new modules.

I just picked up a "The Nuts" module from funkymunky a few weeks ago.

It's pretty cool. It has alot of gain and is very 80's sounding.

I would post some clips but I'm not near the guitarist all you guys are.