Dual Rectifier Module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBrewtus

Reaction score
Got one of these in the mail today. Ive had limited time with it and at lower volumes but this is the best Gigmods Ive had. Ive had fun with stock recto tones from modules but this is so close to the real thing it blows me away. Pete takes big props from me with this one. Great tone Red or Orange channels. This just may complete my Mesa tone search! :lol: Maybe a Stiletto module is next?! :shock: Well Ive got a modded Plexi that may fill the bill.
So.......................Gigmods Recto?
Get one!!!!

Yes sir! Bought one today from alowerdeep. Can't wait til it gets here in a couple weeks.

Yeah maybe a little crazy....mad if you would. We can all get a little bit crazy in the pursuit of tone. Maybe it's the frayed ends of sanity. Some people need help at times selling their modded modules, I like to help these people. I'm not actually biased toward a particular modder, but some of Pete's have been on my list for the longest.

yep,this one was a great one truly.....hated to sell it really,but I have a deadplaet one....the DP is a little cleaner/clearer overall and has a gate..but I think the Gigmod is a closer portrayal of the real thing..best ive heard of all of teh stock/modded rectos Ive heard and owned......A stiletto would be an awesome module as well.....

Got my Gigmods Recto with all the options today from alowerdeep, thankyou kind sir. It's true what you guys have said about it, it's really a standout module! Quite possibly my favourite gigmods so far. It's quieter than my other high gain Gigmods, maybe due to the eq differences between them? Quieter, as in when I'm not playing. It's definitely a beast. Easier to dial in than my others too. Pete has nailed the recto tone for me.

...yeah but can it sounds just like "My own Worst Enemy" by Lit???
I love THAT Recto tone!!!

GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:

GtrGeorge
I don't think I know any Lit music. But if you like Recto tone, I think Pete's Recto can satisfy. Has a great roaring midrange with huge thumping bass. Still tight though, as long as you don't go overboard with the gain. I find I never really go past 3 o'clock with high gainers. But you don't need to go even that far with this. About noon has great fat heavy rhythm tone.

GtrGeorge! said:

GtrGeorge

That's not a Rectifier, George. It's a Marshall JMP50 watt head with a Boss SD-1 pedal on that song (and record).

The Sacred Grooves MK22 would nail that tone.

Are you SURE?? (re:My Own Wost enemy by Lit)
where did you hear they used that?
GtrGeorge
seems like a Recto to me..

GtrGeorge! said:
Are you SURE?? (re:My Own Wost enemy by Lit)
where did you hear they used that?
GtrGeorge
seems like a Recto to me..

Yeah, I'm absolutely positive. I know people that worked with them during that time and chatted with them back in the day. I worked at Universal & what's now Sony Music for more than a decade.

IMO, the guitars don't sound anything at all like a Rectifier. They sound like a mid-70's Marshall with the mids up, a Les Paul and a Boss Pedal. They're creamy and warm, not buzzy and harsh.

I even pulled up the tracks a few days ago and they sound exactly the same I as remembered. They're without a doubt a two input Marshall JMP.

funny how diffferent ears hear things....had to get anohter gigmods Recto....they sound so killer compared to the other Recto mos I have heard...The DP1 is cool,but there is just something about the Gigmod....

alowerdeep said:
funny how diffferent ears hear things....had to get anohter gigmods Recto....they sound so killer compared to the other Recto mos I have heard...The DP1 is cool,but there is just something about the Gigmod....
I can't believe you've already got another one! It's definitely one of the good ones.

RADE01 said:
alowerdeep said:
I can't believe you've already got another one! It's definitely one of the good ones.

I know...I liked it alot,but couldnt justify have 2 rectos....but I found one really cheap and have come to orealize I prefer the smoother Marshall od...I figure I can move the Salvo and keep the gigmod fo rwhen I want that recto tone....it is very,very close to the real deal..teh salvo sounds a little cleaner/clearer overall and it quiter,but there is just something about the GM I found extremely appealing,so it will fill the void just fine....