Reverb tank for an RM50 / older RM50 question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunton

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this group and have some questions, maybe someone can help.

I have an RM4 that I use to drive a Boogie 20/20 into a 2x12 Carvin Legacy and I love it but the rack is quite heavy and I am not so young anymore, so I just took the plunge and got an older RM50 combo (the silver grill cloth one).

It doesn't have a reverb tank and so I thought I would order one from Accutronics. Can someone please tell me the part number from their RM50 reverb tank? Or suggest which one to get - there are tons of options from these guys. Mounting and wiring cables is no problem for me.

By the way - any other comments on this older model RM50? Anything I might notice that needs to be addressed.

Playing with it for a little while seems that power is plenty, but I am struggling with lots of heavy bass tones - my Blackface, SL+, and Recto modules (SL and Recto with bass mods) for the RM4 are at the practice location, so I have been playing with the ones that came with this amp - which have no mods...

Thanks for your help. Dave

Egnater.com sells reverb tanks, this might be your best option since Bruce designed the amps.

I was thinking of a RM4, Boogie 20/20 rack. How many spaces is your rack? What else is in the rack? Can you lift it by yourself?

Ouch $125 - I know I can do much better if I had the model number of the tank from someone's amp.

Regarding the rack:
I have it all in a 4-space rack (a custom job from an Atlanta company - similar to the Road Ready racks at the GCenter). The RM4, the 20/20, two Sennheiser evolution wirelesss receivers on a rack shelf (one for acoustic, one for electric). There is a direct box for the acoustic and a palmer Junction box for quiet practicing straight from the preamp. Effects are a Boss GT8 run with the 4 cable method using the RM4 as the preamp (but that's not in the rack case).

I can lift it, but it is quite heavy and not front/back balanced. I tend to want to carry it with one handle like an amp, but I am worried the handle is going to rip off and the box will fall to the ground (before the gig of course). I love the sound, but then I also have to carry a spkr cabinet, while a mic'ed up combo really is fine for a cover band and much more compact.

Hope that helps. The 20/20 is very nice and when pushed sounds even better - 20W is quite loud. And of course, since I only use one channel, it's kind of like carrying a spare.

Thanks.

I can't decide to go the RM4/20-20 route, RM50 combo, Egnater Mod50 head or combo.

Some of the thought process is with 4 channels I can reduce my pedals, with the rack it's just that and the speaker cab. If I go combo it's combo and FX rack.

The real problem is I really enjoy the sounds I'm getting so I will probably just stick to what I got.