ERIC JOHNSON CONCERT TONIGHT!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl

Reaction score
Hell yeah!!!
I'm going to see the Eric Johnson concert tonight. It is going to be killer. Too stoked for words. OK...Maybe some words. I got some stuff to sign. Gotta go it's time for the show...

Have a great Camels Night Out! Oh, man I wish I was too.
I didnt get the chance to catch his acoustic show that was
close a while back.

I saw EJ on the original G3 tour...wow! The guy knows tone and technique, very dreamy hypnotic style :D

It was everything I was hoping for and more. The opening act was this chick from Australia. OMG. HOT!!! Man could she work that slide.(No pun intended)
Eric's set was phenomenal. Everything was so crisp and precise. If you haven't had a chance to see him live, I suggest you do. There is a lot to be learned by watching his multitude of techniques, but when you see him in person you get a feel for the touch dynamics and intensity. Eric's intensity isn't from being loud or aggressive. It's from crafting a compelling story with 10 fingers and 6 strings. If you blink, you will miss a lot of the techniques that he does in combinations. It is quite unusual and very unique.
After the show he was gracious enough to kick it with a small group of us and we got to talk to him and get some stuff signed. What a classy guy is all I have to say. Gracious and kind.
He said that when he went to breakfast yesterday morning with his crew, he couldn't believe how good our tap water tasted. He thought it was bottled water until the waitress told him that it was just tap. He said that water hasn't tasted like that in Texas since he was a kid.
He seemed really happy to be here and it appeared like he was sincerely enjoying our company. It was cool as hell.

Simply awesome Daryl. There is nothing like meeting great people like that, especially when they are great musicians as well. I have an experience like that everytime I have seen Andy Timmons. He is a great person as well. Always up for one on one with the crowd. I seen even ran into him after the show when my wife went out to dinner. He came right up to the table a chatted.
Cant wait to get a chance to see Eric Johnson for myself. 8)