Insomnia sucks arse

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
As 5:00am arrives I find myself slowly going insane due to lack of sleep...My usual remedy isn't available at the moment... :wink: If only I lived where m0jo lives....

So here I type this asking for suggestions on how to get to sleep...I've tried warm milk, a couple drinks, masturbation, you name it.... :lol:

But seriously, does anyone else have this problem? I've been working a lot and can't calm down....This is usually the sign of a new song developing which can be good...But if it sucks when I put it together I'll just be tired AND frustrated...

OK, well this typing sure isn't helping...Perhaps banging my head into the wall would put me down for a couple hours...hehe....That's how I think when I haven't slept in 2 days...Wait 'til tomorrow!

Wow, masturbation didn't do you in?

Natural food stores might have some melatonin tablets. Or you can try brewing some catnip tea. It helps you fall asleep pretty well. The taste is odd though. It'll take some getting used to.

+1 on Melatonin. Take ONE or TWO, not a bunch.
Also Valerian Root, 3 or 4 caps, and,
OTC Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) 2 to 4 caps.
(DISCLAIMER I'm not a doctor, don't do this, I never said it, what are you talking about, I heard some body did this once, etc.)

Also, sleep someplace else or in a different position.
Move to the sofa, a different room, Motel 6, Turn the AC up, etc.

I wouldn't even take 2 melatonin, because the smallest dosage available over the counter is 3x what your body usually needs.

Same thing with me, my friend did it :lol:

But the catnip tea is a nice natural way to do it.

I have the same problem. I get more mentally active in the evening hours and if I get too wound up, I can't sleep. I use melatonin too. It works pretty good, but if you use it every night, it starts to lose it's effectiveness. Of course I'm 6'3" 248lbs, so I can absorb a lot of chemicals. Stay away from alchohol because it affects your brains chemistry and takes away from the quality of your sleep. If I desperately need to get to sleep, I'll put aside everything that I am working on at least 3 hours before bedtime. I stay off of my laptop because when I get on, my mind explodes with activity and I end up finding a thousand reasons to keep surfing. Eat something low carb and high protein as this will divert oxygen from your brain to your stomach. I'll then get a couple of cups of chamomile tea with sugar to cure the cottonmouth from the fat bong rips that I just took and it is a proven herbal sleep aid. An hour before bed, I'll pop 2 melatonin and actively try to chill.
Triumph-Insult-Dog-w01.jpg

If that doesn't work there is always heroin... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I kid...I kid...

Daryl said:
I have the same problem. I get more mentally active in the evening hours and if I get too wound up, I can't sleep. I use melatonin too. It works pretty good, but if you use it every night, it starts to lose it's effectiveness. Of course I'm 6'3" 248lbs, so I can absorb a lot of chemicals. Stay away from alchohol because it affects your brains chemistry and takes away from the quality of your sleep. If I desperately need to get to sleep, I'll put aside everything that I am working on at least 3 hours before bedtime. I stay off of my laptop because when I get on, my mind explodes with activity and I end up finding a thousand reasons to keep surfing. Eat something low carb and high protein as this will divert oxygen from your brain to your stomach. I'll then get a couple of cups of chamomile tea with sugar to cure the cottonmouth from the fat bong rips that I just took and it is a proven herbal sleep aid. An hour before bed, I'll pop 2 melatonin and actively try to chill.
Triumph-Insult-Dog-w01.jpg

If that doesn't work there is always heroin... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I kid...I kid...

Hilarious! It started so seriously.... :lol:

If I hadn't gotten rid of it years ago, I would have sent you an old college text book. This book was the most boring poorly written book I've ever seen. All text. It was a guaranteed snoozer.

Or you could watch a documentary on television. Or the home shopping network, but then you'd probably buy one of those Estebans.

I must ask: do you have ADD?

If you have ADD you might even try coffee.

Other than that, see your doctor. You might get a scrpt for Ativan. I don't like Ambien -- some people sleep walk on it.

Julia said:
If I hadn't gotten rid of it years ago, I would have sent you an old college text book. This book was the most boring poorly written book I've ever seen. All text. It was a guaranteed snoozer.

Or you could watch a documentary on television. Or the home shopping network, but then you'd probably buy one of those Estebans.

I must ask: do you have ADD?

If you have ADD you might even try coffee.

Other than that, see your doctor. You might get a scrpt for Ativan. I don't like Ambien -- some people sleep walk on it.

Thanks guys....The Esteban has tempted me before so I should probably stay away from watching the tube...Political debates tend to enrage me...So no dice for me there... :)

And yes, actually I do have ADD (among other things 8) )...I was diagnosed well before the fad, so to speak...I also hold a couple different psychology degrees and believe I'm properly diagnosed....I take meds for it but always in the morning....One weekend, when I don't have an early morning obligation the next day- I'll try taking it at night...

Thanks!!!

Mattfig said:
Why thanks guys! Good suggestions for sure....Just curious catnip tea doesn't sound so good....Can I just smoke it? :D
You can but it'll taste horrible and it's barely on the level of mids. Might as well go with some good weed if you're gonna smoke something :p

Catnip is an old Native American remedy. It literally helps just about everything. It doesn't taste all that great, but then again everyone's taste is different.

kc2eeb said:
Also, sleep someplace else or in a different position.
Move to the sofa, a different room, Motel 6, Turn the AC up, etc.
It's funny, I had to use several of those methods shortly before my divorce and I don't even have insomnia. Sleeping in a different postion,( e.g. on top of a hooker), worked for awhile but eventually she started to want to talk to me and that, coupled with the expense, was nearly like living with my wife...except for the sex. My wife charged me more. Almost double what everybody else was paying her. Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold Formula and a couple of Benadryl usually do it for me. A few drinks just makes me want more drinks and masturbation just makes me miss the hooker. Another thought. It may be all the noise from your sentient RM4's duking it out. I could foster one for you if you think that would help..

during nights of restlessness I usual pass out to some Tool. Usually Lateralus, Aenima, then finally Undertow. it's been working lately. I usually start stressing about homework if I'm not caught up. I become extra anxious if I went out with out doing homework first. Hope you feel better man...

obviously at extremely low levels, I usually set the level to where I can barely hear the music and after about a minute of laying down I start to adjust to the levels and I'm out, usually of course.

Ive suffered from this affliction for 5 years now and have tried all of the above including seeing three different psychologists for hypnotherapy and relaxation techniques. All to no avail.What was the cause I hear you ask.
Well 5 years ago I survived a 33 000 volt electrical shock which not only left a chronic pain syndrome down my right side but it has had a nasty effect on my brain function that no one can seem to explain and it is because of this the only thing that works for me is a good dose of Oxycontin.