waiting on my rig, any comments?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madman77

Reaction score
I've ordered a full rig from Randall and await it's arrival with anticipation. I have never tried it out so I just need some assurance I'm not making a HUGE and very expensive mistake.':roll:'

OK, here goes:

RM4
RT2/50
R212NXT cab (anyone tried these? comment please!!!)

modules:
Clean
Super V
Plexi
Blackface
Treadplate
XTC

My current rig consists of:
Peavey Classic 30 Head
Gallien Kruger 212 cab w. Lead 80's
TC-Electronic G-System
Stompboxes: T-Rex Alberta, T-Rex Mudhoney, VOX Big Ben OD, SD Tweak Fuzz, Behringer GDI21 (surprisingly useful), Vox V847 Wah-Wah,

Like I said, I haven't had a chance to check this combination out since I live in the middle of the Atlantic ocean (litterally!!!)
Any comments are much appreciated!!!

You will enjoy the Randall amps and modules. You might mant to pick up an SL++ or even a 1086 at some point. Not to many fans of the Clean module around that I've seen but decide for yourself. Also keep an eye out for Egnater single channel mods. They are available form Egnater Music Products Group or do what I do and watch eBay for them. EG3, EG4 and MHG modules are very excellent high gian mods. Egnater products are fantastic and you will not be disappointed. You also have some cool pedals so I'm sure you will be getting some great sounds! Be sure and check your bias on your amps power tubes right away when you get it to make sure it's all good to go. I'm betting your gonna dig it.

3 Mile Stone said:
You also have some cool pedals so I'm sure you will be getting some great sounds! Be sure and check your bias on your amps power tubes right away when you get it to make sure it's all good to go. I'm betting your gonna dig it.

Thanx, Luckily I'm working at the T-Rex/VOX/Randall dealership in Iceland :)

I've never set the Bias for any of my amps so I wouldn't know what to do. Any suggestions how to successfully set the Bias on the RT2/50? I would need to usa AVO-meter to set it, right? :?:

Hey madman it has test points on the front and bias pots to,if you have a multi meter that reads milivolts and a small standard screwdriver I believe you'd be in buissness.

The bias settings for the RT2/50 on page 7 in the manual:

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/about/warranty/manuals/RT2_50.pdf

I sold off my RM4/RT2-50 rig last year, but just put in an order for an Egnater M4 recently. I had pretty much all the Randall modules at the time, though, and got a lot of mileage out of Plexi, Blackface, and Treadplate (er, Recto). Was never a big fan of Clean (sounded a bit cold/sterile to me), but your mileage may vary.

Really loved the RT2-50, though, and have been contemplating picking up one for my new M4 rig. Definitely makes my "best power amps of all time" list, along with the Mesa 2:90. I didn't do much MIDI switching with it, because I really like the tone of running 6L6's and EL34's in parallel.

--B

The manual has suggested voltages for each tube type. After biassing the amp in the allowed range you can play it and then fine tune it to where you want it.

I've got an RM4 and an RM100C and I use a GCX switcher to switch between the two preamps. I love it! When I got my combo in I had been using a Triaxis/2:90 with a Rivera 412 and the Randall had a lot more power and punch to it. When I plugged the combo into the 412 it was killer.

Here's a list of my modules:

Clean: good for jazz stuff but kinda dull, not my favorite.
TopBoost: It's been modded and I can get a good Edge sound out of it
XTC: this one's my favorite! Great lead and rythm sounds.
Treadplate: I've had it for a year and few days ago I just found out how to make it sound good. Be careful will the gain and bass on this one.
Brown: I use this for medium gain soloing
Plexi: This one is nice as it sounds terriffic at any gain setting.
Ultra: This one came with my amp, otherwise I dont think I woudl have bought it. It sounds good for metal, just not the voicing I'm looking for. Keep in mind thought, my combo is loaded with G12T75, this channel might sound better with vintage 30s.

Have fun with your new toys!

cody

Thanx to everyone for their comments!
As you may have read in the topic I'm still waiting for my rig to arrive to the country, Therefore I don't have the manual.
But again, Thanx everybody, you've been most helpful. :)

I would still like to hear if anyone's tried the neodymium cabinets and what they sound like. VERY curious...........

Go run a search (here on the forum, upper right) for "Neodymium". I know somebody here posted on that once in the past.

I do love my Neo cabs. At 71 lbs my back loves them too. I've had Boogie cabs and Bogner cabs and they hang right with the best of them.

Recieved news on my rig today. I had gotten news of it's departure two days ago so I thought to myself "Ok, two, maybe three weeks of waiting to go" But NO! just heard today that it's missing 4 modules of 6 and the RM4. So I'm basicly getting a RT2/50, a R212NXT, and 2 modules....... not very useful.
waiting on further news of what's going on...... frustrated......... ****! :evil:

Got the "package" today. Like I expected it only contained the RT2/50, 2 modules and the cabinet.
like I'd read about in another topic the cover on the cabinet is NOT properly glued at the joint on the bottom, major BUMMER!

Hosted on Fotki
so, I guess I'm just gonna look at it for the next X number of weeks 'til the rest of my rig arrives. sent an e-mail last week concerning why they didn't send the whole order. still no answer...

Oh well, win some, lose some I guess........

just added the footswitch and two more mods: 1086 & Tweed
getting really excited to hear the whole darn thing.
Plus, I picked up a used case for the cabinet for less than a 100$
I will post pics on the forum when everything has arrived.

how do you guys ship your gear? shockmount racks or just plain racks (carefully)?

The G.A.S. is killing me here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!