Canadian Lynch Box owners Chime in.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
I have owned a Lynch box for nearly two months now... GREAT AMP! Ofcoarse.
I'm looking for other Canadians with the Lynch Box just to see where you got yours and what you think of this high end amp.

here is a Picture of mine with a recently aquired PRS CE22...

Khingpynn

I purchase The LB 3 months ago from L.A music in mississauga. I was lookn for a new amp after struggling with a jcm900 for 10yrs.After mths of research the rm100/egnator looked interesting to me.I like the idea you can replace the preamps. I was :shock: to see the LB!! Looked cool also he's my fav' guitar player-I had to score one,the next day I did!!$1150 +$250 for mod's. I got Blackface-I like,XTC-very cool,Grail-didn't like so a week later I swap it with 1086-very cool!I also replace the head stock JJ with Tung-sol premps and 4-Rudy el34bstr sounds KILLER now!!

Cool! Another LB owner... I have kept mine stock so far. I have a ton of tubes from the 50's & 60's but I'm liking what I hear. I have the Ruby EL34 STR Selects in my Koch Multitone... I like the JJ's better... more like the Mullard to my ear anyways... though the Ruby's are very cool.
I agree on the tung Sol preamp tubes I run those in my Soldano Supercharger GTO and Hot Rod 50 ( 12AT7 ) though my absolute faves are the Sylvania JAN 7025's... I run those along with Raytheon's in my Koch Multitone.
I'm also looking into the XTC and 1086. I currently have the Grail... which I really like and am waiting for the Mr.Scary, Brahma, and Super V mods to come in. I have a Tweed ( very cool ) and Recto ( better tha nI thought ) on loan till then... apparently they are coming in in very early February... it's been a long wait.
GL is a wicked musician... my all time fav and since I love tube amps this ones a real treat... Spectacular AMP!
It's good hearing from you...

Take Care and enjoy the Lynch Box
Khing

I'm still waiting for the other three mod... promise after feakin promise... and still no mods. I'm getting tired of waiting.

Khing

yeah man bummer!! I am waiting for the Brahma to come out.I need a smooth marshall tone...or maybe I'll just get a Plexi

khingpynn, did you get your modules yet? I usually get my mods from Guitar Center on McLeod Trail SW and they sometimes take 1 to 2 months to come in. Randall sure is slow in getting them out, though my guess is that demand is pretty high and Canda lower on the dealer priority list.

Michael

Michael... No I do not have the mods yet. Unfortunatly you are right Canada waits longer. I have heard nothing from the Randall rep, Steven Baldwin. Tim at MCC tells me I'm not the only pissed off customer when it comes to Randall.

I will post here when I get the mods for sure.

Khing

khingpynn said:
Michael... I have heard nothing from the Randall rep, Steven Baldwin. Tim at MCC tells me I'm not the only pissed off customer when it comes to Randall.

I will post here when I get the mods for sure.

Khing

Khing,
I was talking to my dealer here in Toronto and apparently, it's the same **** here as well. they actually got calls from other dealers who got pissed off at Randall.
I can symphathize with the modules getting shipped late and all that. But they wouldn't even replace my bad tube. It's a brand new amp and they should be putting a rush on it, honor their warranty like any decent company should.
Still, waiting for months to get modules is just ridiculous :x

A tube replacement... how simple is that... it all amounts to very bad relations with paying customers. I also have Mr. Baldwin's boss' name. I threatened to call him... he is an owner... Rudy... ring a bell to anyone. Balwin asked me not to call him as he has enough on his plate but thats all going to end today... if Mr. Baldwin cannot give me the answeres I am after or I am not going to get the product I've allready paid for within the next few days then Rudy will get the call.

Khing

Khing,
you let us know how it went with Baldwin. I'm about to give him a call myself. :evil:
Tung