Is the Gigmods website down?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SALVAGED

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get on the gigmods website, or contact Pete for a few days now... has anybody heard any news? :cry:

Weird, looks like it's down :(. I was on it a few days ago and it was up and running.

It hadn't been updated in a long time and unfortunately Pete hasn't been on the forums much at all. I wrote him a message months ago and never heard anything back, hope he's not leaving the nodding scene since he was basically he first to start the modding scene here years back. It'd be great to see him come out with some newer mods to offer to the community but like I said he has been pretty distant for awhile :(

last i heard from him was on July 15. He is fixing my 1087 that was having issues last year. I finally got a chance to send it to him in late May. I sent him an email the other day to see what's going on but i haven't heard back yet. I see him on FB occasionally. I hope he continues to do more modding. New stuff would be great but i could live with the current mods. The 1087 is awesome and used to be a very popular mod. I am still biting at the bit to get the Mark mod. I would also like to try his Recto mod as well. So Pete if you are out there...stay with us.

I'd really like him to finish up the 'Humble Overdrive Special' mod he started....it's a pretty unique tone.

JKMV12 said:
:(
Where are you Pete?

Man, I was just thinking about that....A repair sent in May shouldn't take long...At the least it should be returned to you so someone else can fix it...I would think 2 weeks for shipping, repairs and return at a max...

Hope Pete's OK....He's always been a great person to deal with in my short time here...

Anyone wanna call him??? I don't know him nor his number but I'm sure someone here does...

Mattfig said:
JKMV12 said:
:(
Where are you Pete?

Man, I was just thinking about that....A repair sent in May shouldn't take long...At the least it should be returned to you so someone else can fix it...I would think 2 weeks for shipping, repairs and return at a max...

Hope Pete's OK....He's always been a great person to deal with in my short time here...

Anyone wanna call him??? I don't know him nor his number but I'm sure someone here does...
I'm not too worried about the repair. i still need to save up the money to pay for it. I just want to know what is going on. I hope he is alright. I see him post on FB every once in a while.

I'm still alive guys. Depending on what's wrong with the module, it can be an easy or a difficult fix - these modules can sometimes be tempermental as hell. Add to that I generally update stuff for free when it's in here if there was a tweak I learned since the module was in... and then I

Honestly the repair stuff is eating my lunch time-wise. I even modded one of my amps to where I could test the modules 'in circuit' and there are still issues with fixing them like that. Remember our amps are tube, but they also have solid state components that regulate voltage, do midi channel switching, and on top of that have to be properly aligned mechanically to fit within the slots. It's a great idea but can really be a hassle when it goes wrong.

1087 guy - thought I replied to your email. I get so much that my iphone rolls it over about once a week - resend if you can.

Right on. I'm glad to see that you are still kicking.
The website still won't load up. It say that the page cannot be found.

Any updates? I'm curious about Pete's work; I've heard nothing but praise and would like to browse for myself :(

Mysticalp said:
Is Pete still around? I was thinking about modding a Modern to get the Mark...

I'm not sure if he hangs on this forum much, but he responded to my e-mail quickly. I'm definitely interested in his XTC mod. I do wish his website was up and running so we could see the various mods he offers.

Side note: why does it seem like Pete doesn't get mentioned much for mods as of late? Everyone's all about JF, SG, Salvation, or Hilligan. Did something happen?

I think forum presence is the reason some get more mention. Pete used to be around a lot on these forums....regardless, his work is excellent!

With no presence here, and more importantly no website to showcase his wares (no, not warez LOL), he's limiting his clientele to prior customers (at best) and has little chance of drumming up any new business or competing with the other modders who are more active and visible around these parts . . . the fact his modules get little coverage here as compared to the other modders' is proof of that. It's unfortunate because the few modules of his that I've owned I thought were great . . .

Yep ^ Pete used to be very active here, and I think was largely considered one of the premier modders for the MTS stuff. It just seemed like he pulled back, for some reason. When I first got into MTS, I owned several of his mods (Modern, Brown, 1087, and some others) and really liked them. I think Drew had him build a new module for him recently that looked pretty cool.

Pete is gigging with at least two bands, possibly 3....haven't PM'd in a while but he's active on FB.

I did just get a module from Pete, but he had it for some time. He had some severe issues with the first SL+ module I sent him. He worked long and hard trying to figure out what was wrong with it, but couldn't solve its issues. I ended up sending him another SL+ and he got the module out to me pretty quickly after that. I'm not sure if he's taking on new mods, but you can always email him directly. He gets back to you very quickly.