MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the Gigmods website down?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SALVAGED
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Is the Gigmods website down? Reply with quote

I haven't been able to get on the gigmods website, or contact Pete for a few days now... has anybody heard any news? Crying or Very sad
Disciple
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, looks like it's down Sad. I was on it a few days ago and it was up and running.

It hadn't been updated in a long time and unfortunately Pete hasn't been on the forums much at all. I wrote him a message months ago and never heard anything back, hope he's not leaving the nodding scene since he was basically he first to start the modding scene here years back. It'd be great to see him come out with some newer mods to offer to the community but like I said he has been pretty distant for awhile Sad
GCX/GCP
JKMV12
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last i heard from him was on July 15. He is fixing my 1087 that was having issues last year. I finally got a chance to send it to him in late May. I sent him an email the other day to see what's going on but i haven't heard back yet. I see him on FB occasionally. I hope he continues to do more modding. New stuff would be great but i could live with the current mods. The 1087 is awesome and used to be a very popular mod. I am still biting at the bit to get the Mark mod. I would also like to try his Recto mod as well. So Pete if you are out there...stay with us.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
--Einstein
JKD
Donating Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like him to finish up the 'Humble Overdrive Special' mod he started....it's a pretty unique tone.
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV
SALVAGED
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gigmods.com is STILL down... Sad
JKMV12
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
Where are you Pete?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
--Einstein
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JKMV12 wrote:
Sad
Where are you Pete?

Man, I was just thinking about that....A repair sent in May shouldn't take long...At the least it should be returned to you so someone else can fix it...I would think 2 weeks for shipping, repairs and return at a max...

Hope Pete's OK....He's always been a great person to deal with in my short time here...

Anyone wanna call him??? I don't know him nor his number but I'm sure someone here does...

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
JKMV12
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattfig wrote:
JKMV12 wrote:
Sad
Where are you Pete?

Man, I was just thinking about that....A repair sent in May shouldn't take long...At the least it should be returned to you so someone else can fix it...I would think 2 weeks for shipping, repairs and return at a max...

Hope Pete's OK....He's always been a great person to deal with in my short time here...

Anyone wanna call him??? I don't know him nor his number but I'm sure someone here does...

I'm not too worried about the repair. i still need to save up the money to pay for it. I just want to know what is going on. I hope he is alright. I see him post on FB every once in a while.

--Einstein
okstrat
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still alive guys. Depending on what's wrong with the module, it can be an easy or a difficult fix - these modules can sometimes be tempermental as hell. Add to that I generally update stuff for free when it's in here if there was a tweak I learned since the module was in... and then I

Honestly the repair stuff is eating my lunch time-wise. I even modded one of my amps to where I could test the modules 'in circuit' and there are still issues with fixing them like that. Remember our amps are tube, but they also have solid state components that regulate voltage, do midi channel switching, and on top of that have to be properly aligned mechanically to fit within the slots. It's a great idea but can really be a hassle when it goes wrong.

1087 guy - thought I replied to your email. I get so much that my iphone rolls it over about once a week - resend if you can.
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. I'm glad to see that you are still kicking.
The website still won't load up. It say that the page cannot be found.
Jgalvs
RM20

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates? I'm curious about Pete's work; I've heard nothing but praise and would like to browse for myself Sad
Mysticalp
RM20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Pete still around? I was thinking about modding a Modern to get the Mark...
speed2dirt
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysticalp wrote:
Is Pete still around? I was thinking about modding a Modern to get the Mark...

I'm not sure if he hangs on this forum much, but he responded to my e-mail quickly. I'm definitely interested in his XTC mod. I do wish his website was up and running so we could see the various mods he offers.

Side note: why does it seem like Pete doesn't get mentioned much for mods as of late? Everyone's all about JF, SG, Salvation, or Hilligan. Did something happen?
crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think forum presence is the reason some get more mention. Pete used to be around a lot on these forums....regardless, his work is excellent!
HughJasol
Donating Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no presence here, and more importantly no website to showcase his wares (no, not warez LOL), he's limiting his clientele to prior customers (at best) and has little chance of drumming up any new business or competing with the other modders who are more active and visible around these parts . . . the fact his modules get little coverage here as compared to the other modders' is proof of that. It's unfortunate because the few modules of his that I've owned I thought were great . . .
Mesa 20/20
Matrix GT1000FX
Salvation: Dual Salvado Deluxe, Dual MatchVox, Mamba Gold SE
JF: Dual ODS, Dual RVerb, 1959RR Platinum
Stock Duals: BMAN, DLX
Axe-FX II (x2)
MFC-101 (x2)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Gigmods Module Mods All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: