The Judge vid

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't heard much of GTO Judge, here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlgFEZ96O4w

Sounds better than the Judge I had. If you can, turn up the master on the amp a little bit. Your mic is picking up almost as much pick noise as the tone. Great playing either way.

Another great clip...bit too much acoustic noise from the guitar but otherwise, nice job!

Speakers are a V30 and a greenback clone. Yeah I know about the string noise, should've turned up louder, can't turn up heaps loud here.

RADE01 said:
Speakers are a V30 and a greenback clone. Yeah I know about the string noise, should've turned up louder, can't turn up heaps loud here.

Can you move the camera mic closer and then stand farther away to maybe pick up more tone from the speaker & less from the pick/strings. Not shure if that would overdrive the camera mic or not, but maybe it could work. Either way the GTO sounded pretty good.

I tried it up really close but didn't like the tone as much. But I think I was too close to the camera, and it needed to be louder.

if you like your tone, but find you're getting too close to the mic as you make adjustments to the amp, you could separate the head & cab. We could still watch you play & tweak, but you wouldn't be stepping in range of the mic. No need to turn up then and no extraneous pick noise ;)

I thought the sound was great and I didnt mind hearing him hit the strings. It wasnt enough that it took away from the video. I appreciate someone willing to put time into letting me hear their gear. :wink:

Yeah I'm with ya there BigB. I like the efforts anyone makes to do a soundclip or vid no matter what their setup or recording capabilities are.

Thanks guys, yeah I know it's not perfect recording quality, but I never really planned on doing it in a big way properly like the MattFig videos.
But it's a pretty good representation of how it sounds in the room to me.

RADE01 said:
Thanks guys, yeah I know it's not perfect recording quality, but I never really planned on doing it in a big way properly like the MattFig videos.
But it's a pretty good representation of how it sounds in the room to me.

I hear that. I just turn on the camera and go. It never sounds anywhere near as good as in the room. My favorite saying for recording clips goes something like this "It is what it is."

Here is a thread where I posted two clips from last night. They are a few posts down. Modules are a SG Fisch and a JF Mr. Scary.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13517

Really does sound good, fairly new to the MTS modules but have not been disappointed yet and a nice change from the digital amp mods I've been use to, these (to me) have far more tone.